runskills.php to cast summon skills

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I have a relay script, which makes a nice table of skills for casting. This includes all buff and summon skills. Most of these work just fine.

However, it seems like the bookshelf summon skills work differently with respect to skill numbers.

Example: Summon Resolutions

> ash to_int($skill[Summon Resolutions])

Returned: 8105

So I would expect this to be cast with
runskillz.php?action=Skillz&whichskill=8105&pwd=&quantity=1

However, this does not work. The correct code from the skills page is:
runskillz.php?action=Skillz&whichskill=7224&pwd=&quantity=1

> ash to_skill(7224)

Returned: none

What is going on here? Is this just the way KoL works now? (I have long since abandoned any assumption of consistency with this game). Is there something different about these summoning skills?

Thanks.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Apparently those skill numbers were changed (again, it seems, based on classskills.txt). Mafia uses campground.php for those skills still, which is why it wasn't affected by the change.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Fascinating. There is a block of 18 Bookshelf Skills, all in the 8000s. There is an empty block of 18 skills in the 7000s that includes 7224.

You've just made a discovery.

Bale

Minion
That is why there's that empty block of 18 skills in the 7000s?! I just found that the other day.

KoL changed the skill numbers for the bookshelf skills? Lost, do you have any idea why that was done? Is the 8000s abandoned?

Cool12309

I actually knew about this change for a while but forgot to tell.. anyone. I was more focused on the wiki which I also just assumed someone else would do.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Lost, do you have any idea why that was done?

I expect it was to make it easier to include those skills on the skill-casting page when that changed, since the new interface also allowed removing some old code.

15179 has the new skill numbers (after verifying them, and of course they were in the order everyone would expect), and also includes the skill images.