# polyesterene powder
--------------------

Got 5 adventures for 2 spleen.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
polyesterene powder
Thanks! Revision 15162

On another note, I have a more general issue with Restricted paths.

I started a Normal Standard run on Jan 1.
I wanted to pull an ice stein and an ice-cold six-pack as a nightcap.
No problem, I could see them both in Storage in the Item Manager.
I selected them and said "pull".
Obviously, the ice stein failed, since it was too old, but I got no feedback whatsoever.
- It did mark (or filter) the "too old" items in the storage list.
- It did not tell me "You can't pull that because it is too old" when I tried to pull it.
- In fact, it submitted a request:

storage.php?action=pull&ajax=1&pwd

No itemid!

- Obviously that failed, but it gave me no feedback whatsoever that the pull failed.

(I notice that ItemManageFrame.pullItems silently removes restricted items from the transfer list - but goes ahead and makes the request anyway, if none are left.)

(I notice that the "storage" command warns you - and sets the state to ERROR - but goes ahead and submits the request with the restricted items anyway. ERROR will not prevent the request from being submitted, although it will make the sidepane red.)

I think there's room for a lot of improvement.

Of course, now that I got my seasonal PVP item, I'm back to HC, so will not be having this issue until it's time to get back to collecting my polyester outfit...

Bale

Minion
Of course, now that I got my seasonal PVP item, I'm back to HC, so will not be having this issue until it's time to get back to collecting my polyester outfit...

I'm doing the same, but sometimes I wonder... the next time there is an ice season there might be an item you can only buy if you've earned 5000 swagger during an ice season... I hope not.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
If anybody has one of the following in inventory, closet, or storage:

polyester pettipants
porcelain plus-fours
polyesterene powder
porcelain powder

please do the following:

/closet? 10 ITEM
/uncloset? 10 ITEM
/pull? 10 ITEM

(for inventory, closet, or storage, respectively)

I would guess that the plurals of the above are "pairs of X" or "piles of X", but let KoL tell us what the plurals are. :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Thanks! Revision 15197 adds that plural, although I forgot to mention it in the revision comment.

Crowther

Code:
[14:53] Would produce: You don't have that many pairs of polyester pettipants in your closet, you've only got 1.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm doing the same, but sometimes I wonder... the next time there is an ice season there might be an item you can only buy if you've earned 5000 swagger during an ice season... I hope not.
If so, you will have a 1,000+ swagger head start towards fulfilling that requirement, even if you don't have the swagger in the bank, so to speak.

I farmed a ton of swagger during both the pirate and the holiday seasons - and spent it on all the items I had never bought before. I have all of them now, but only a bit more than 1,000 swagger left. Although I have zero interest in farming swagger in-run any more, I am happy enough to break my hippy stone and use up all my unused consumption space on PVP consumables - like the many hundreds of angst burgers and acrimonies I have won via accidental leaderboarding - after I free the king and do other minor chores, and simply do "pvp flowers ballyhoo" before I jump the gash. I expect I'll bank several thousand more swagger before the season is done without actually thinking about it...

Bale

Minion
Yeah, I know I'd have that head start. Which makes me think that as long as I got some basic familiarity with the Ice Season (including killing a few Ice Skates in hardcore), perhaps I should keep going to keep me from needing to do it in the future. Unfortunately I find PvP a bit of a drag so I ceased to break my stone.

Maybe I should try to do it your way. That sounds pretty hassle free and will net me an extra 200+ swagger each ascensions.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Thanks! Revision 15162

On another note, I have a more general issue with Restricted paths.

I started a Normal Standard run on Jan 1.
I wanted to pull an ice stein and an ice-cold six-pack as a nightcap.
No problem, I could see them both in Storage in the Item Manager.
I selected them and said "pull".
Obviously, the ice stein failed, since it was too old, but I got no feedback whatsoever.
- It did mark (or filter) the "too old" items in the storage list.
- It did not tell me "You can't pull that because it is too old" when I tried to pull it.
- In fact, it submitted a request:

storage.php?action=pull&ajax=1&pwd

No itemid!

- Obviously that failed, but it gave me no feedback whatsoever that the pull failed.

(I notice that ItemManageFrame.pullItems silently removes restricted items from the transfer list - but goes ahead and makes the request anyway, if none are left.)

(I notice that the "storage" command warns you - and sets the state to ERROR - but goes ahead and submits the request with the restricted items anyway. ERROR will not prevent the request from being submitted, although it will make the sidepane red.)

I think there's room for a lot of improvement.

15217, The gCLI and Item Manager now properly don't submit a request to pull an item that's too old to pull. Something could be done to improve the GUI perhaps.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This is probably done.

I have 6 more days before I'll finish my Porcelain Perambulations and will continue my Path to Polyester, so I don't have any firm ideas currently about the GUI for pulling from storage; I probably don't even want to see things I cannot currently pull, but perhaps sometimes I do (if I am doing Mall purchases that will end there, for example) - but if you are looking at (and can select) restricted things, it might be nice to be told "You can't pull everything you selected. Continue?", which would be better than selecting an ice-cold six-pack AND an ice stein, saying "Pull", and ending up with the six-pack, which you probably don't really want by itself.

You did good, by not attempting pulls that will fail, but if there is to be more, it should probably be its own Feature Request.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Bumping from page ten to to remind myself to consider if there is anything left to do here; my thoughts above about souping up the "pull" interface in the face of restricted items could probably go into a separate Feature Request thread, if I still like them - or if anybody who is doing restricted Normal runs has any ideas. :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I've done a fair number of restricted Normal runs since I wrote the above comment and didn't have any problems with Storage, so I'm not going to think again about my suggestion. Marking this Implemented. Finally.