Recent forum format change?

Ethelred

Something has changed with the kolmafia forum (this forum) for me and I'm curious about what and why. For the past few days (less than a week, I think), the first post in a new thread shows up as a tall, narrow column. This column is about 35 chars wide, maybe plus or minus 5. Subsequent posts in the thread seem to be back to normal, i.e spanning most of the page. But the first post of a new batch (I view threads 40 posts at a time) reverts to the tall skinny format. Is there some setting for the forums that I somehow managed to change? Am I the only one seeing this behaviour? Thanks for any help or enlightenment you can send my way.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I have seen nothing like this at kolmafia.us.

I see what I think are different skins when I am logged in compared to when I am not but I think that is to be expected. I have never accessed the site from a mobile device.

On a different forum using a different version of vBulletin, the site owner delivers ads to viewers who are not logged in. They appear "within" the first post displayed and force the post text to flow to the side and under. If you had posted this at that site I would wonder if you are not logged in and/or running some kind of ad or script blocker.

The generic advice, to clear your cache, aggressively clean out cookies, try different browsers and try browser safe mode (disable addons) might be useful.

bombar

I'm actually seeing something along the same lines, uploaded an screen shot of it. In my case there is a column on the right hand side of the post that contains the text Test123

See
http://imgur.com/rbTl1Ii

Windows 8.1
Chrome 39.0

Using all default options from the time I signed up with the site.

Last edited: