help with 16.7

chimera

i just downloaded version 16.7 im used to 16.2 for some reason i cant use the chat while mafia is running can someone help?

chimera

i click on the map icon and it takes me to the browser i click on chat and type things but they dont show up in the chat. also a lot of the images are missing it apears that the links are broken now i just got a new laptop so maybe its the bigger screen or something i dont know

chimera

I'm using Google chrome it all works when I'm not using kolmafia how would I tell if JavaScript is disabled or not?

Theraze

Could also be something like setting plugins not to run until they're specifically allowed on pages.

If you try it in Internet Explorer or Safari, does it still have the same problem?

chimera

i uploaded 16.2 on my new computer it didnt work like before i think my screen is just too big its causing some of the images to not load i still dont know about chat though

Theraze

You mention running this on a new computer. Any chance you've updated to Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista... and you're trying to run this out of Program Files?

By default, many of the back-end processes will fail if you do that, due to UAC. The two main choices you have are:
1) Put it somewhere where you have full control. On your desktop, in your downloads folder, in your User Profile folder, in your documents, wherever.
2) Grant 'Users' full rights to the KoLmafia folder, wherever it lives. Or at least Modify rights.

The BAD choice on how to make it work is to try to force it every time, either by trying to remember to run it through the command prompt as an Administrator each time, or setting compatibility settings which will get wiped out when you get a new version. Both of these are great ways to end up posting that stuff is broken at a later date and us running similar troubleshooting. :)

Theraze

Shame. What version of Java are you running? Using the latest versions can cause problems, since Oracle likes to break their backward compatibility...