SmartStasis -- a complex script for a simple CCS

zarqon

@Rinn: Disjointed responses: I explained the "false" property checks recently in the FTF thread. See my response to dj_d's question. But I do notice that I forgot to put quotes around "true". It's been that way for quite a while without causing any problems, but it would be nice if it worked as intended. Ugh, I hate sloppy coding, especially when it's mine.

Thanks for the heads up about Form of Bird. I'll work that into the next update.

And yes about the in the clear check. MORAL: a rewrite done hastily often leads to further rewrites. See below.

@Braska: Oops, stupid mistake. Change this line

Code:
if (get_property("autoEntangle") == "false" || (flyereverything && flyers != $item[none]) ||

which is somewhere near line 200 I think, to this:

Code:
   if ((!intheclear() && get_property("autoEntangle") == "false") || (flyereverything && flyers != $item[none]) ||

I have a pretty significant update to my entire family of scripts to release this weekend (I'm finally consolidating a "common functions" library) so I don't have a releasable version of this which I can fix and upload at the moment. But I'll make releasing working versions of the CCS combo a priority.

Last edited:

Raven434

Bad item value: "ruby rod" (SmartStasis.ash, line 99)
Consult script 'SmartStasis.ash' not found.
You're on your own, partner.

ccs:

[default]
consult SmartStasis.ash
attack

I don't have a ruby rod. I was meat farming at the giant's castle. Pet is hobo monkey.

Newest version of zlib, FTF and SS, updated yesterday.

Last edited:

StormCrow42

Best guess, you need a newer version of Mafia. The ruby rod is a recent addition from the new areas provided by the new June familiar.

StormCrow42

I just had an idea for a feature to add. What about setting a preference when we detect when our spirit hobo or GGG (and eventually slimeling) needs fed? Something like "_gggHungry" or "_hoboHungry". That would eventually allow scripts to either feed your ghost, or at least abort and prompt you.

Sputnik1

I need help guys

Unknown variable 'threshold' (FirstThingsFirst.ash, line 77)
Consult script 'SmartStasis.ash' not found.

I have no idea what's wrong, I have both scripts in the script folder and I havent done anything with FTF to get this result

zarqon

@Sputty: Just download the latest FTF and you should be fine. SmartStasis appears to have been untouched by my latest flurry of updates.

Tarko

great script, thanks!

Was wondering: how about support for the essence monster in the Seaside Megapolis?
That would be neat.

Cheers.

zarqon

Not sure what you mean... if you have equipped the Ruby Rod, this script will already stasis monsters in the Megalopolis that may drop needed discs.

Deathman_Elf

How do I set to use skill stuffed mortar shell instead of attack ?
I even put it after smart stasis in default css but it sill do not work

Edit: Hmm it seems it cast it ocassionaly but I am doing now mysterious island of mystery war now and I need to cast it away to monsters which could few hits kill me :)

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Zarqon, it seems your script has gotten a little bit out of date. You don't support the midget clownfish. I added the line to my version so I'm good, but others might like a fix.

The midget clownfish is a starfish-type familiar that does sleaze elemental damage instead of physical damage. Other than that it is exactly the same on land. (The sleazy damage means it utterly destroys monsters in the Friar's Grove and has no problems beating up physically resistant monsters like chalk dust wraiths.)

In the Sea it is even more powerful, so it's just an all around improvement over the Star Starfish.

Last edited:

zarqon

*waves hands*

I don't know what you're talking about. SS totally supports the midget clownfish.

zarqon

1.9.2 Updates

Added the rock lobster. Also, I was getting essence discs from Seaside Megalopolis today and noticed that I fought and stasised about 10 dwarf replicants without getting the item. It turns out that the check for the elemental attack/miss message was wrong. Fixed that and then got the disc the next time a replicant came along (by that time I'd olfacted them, ha).

Slimelings look like another project similar to adding ghost support, but I suppose this script would be pretty awesome if it could support them. I haven't spent more than a handful of adventures in the Slime Tube, and doubt I will for a good long while (I'm about to start a kittycore run), but if anyone has ideas for how to detect when the Slimeling runs out of charges, I'm all ears.

These little "adding one line of code" updates haven't seemed to merit a bump to version 2.0, so I went to a third version number. But I think adding Slimeling support would justify a bump to 2.0. :)

kain

Next time I'm in aftercore Z, I'll assist you in getting a slimeling if you don't have one already. (it'll be a couple of runs from now)

zarqon

Thanks kain, gentleman and scholar! I'm about to descend into kittycore with several clannies (also my first BM run... foolish, perhaps, but certainly exciting, and my clannies are in the same situation so we can whine to each other to keep things interesting), so by the time I finish that you may well be done with your several runs!