Page 2 of 186 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: SmartStasis -- a complex script for a simple CCS

I posted this in the FirstThingsFirst thread, but I might as well put it here too since this thread is looked at more often. The FirstThingFirst script is not maintaining my moods when I set up my automation. The mood is still saved, but it will not activate if I have FTF running. I have the most up to date version of all my scripts.

Current Scripts = UniversalRecovery
    AutoMCD
    FirstThingsFirst

Also running the latest .exe version of mafia, always.

I'm not sure what you mean. Moods and custom combat scripts are two entirely separate things. CCS's happen during combat, whereas moods happen between combat. I'm sure that FTF could not possibly interfere with your mood, since FTF has nothing to do with moods.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: One-Click Wossname | Om******t (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mer********d (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

I know it doesn't make sense, but I'll try and explain this... slightly... differently.

When I run mafia normally, just attack with weapon, I am having no problems (besides an occasional freeze). If I set mafia to run a ccs, it runs just fine, everything works the way it is supposed to.

For some reason though, if I set my FTF ccs to run, mafia quits auto-buffing me. The only permanent mood I have set during my runs is Leash and Butt-Rock Hair. But if I set my CCS to the FTF script, mafia quits buffing me. I only noticed it happened when I went in the castle, with barely enough moxie to make it through, thanks to butt-rock hair. The effect ran out, mafia never attempted to use hairspray, it just kept adventuring. Thus, I started getting my rear handed to me.

I know it doesn't make sense for a CCS to mess with moods... but somehow it is. I would say it was a bug in mafia itself, but that doesn't explain why it only triggers when I use the FTF CCS.

I have no idea what to tell you. I am unable to duplicate this behavior. I use FTF and SmartStasis, and they do not interfere with my moods.

Are you sure you didn't just run out of hairspray?
    Sig by JakAtk
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mer********d (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

I never actually buy the hairspray myself... I just let Mafia's self automation do it. I know, I'm lazy... but hey, if mafia will buy it and use it for me, why buy it beforehand?

It's possible I ran out of hairspray, and for some reason mafia quit buying it automatically. But that would not explain why Mafia quit casting Leash as well. (Yes, I had plenty of Meat)

Oh well, I'll try it again soon. New ascension, new moon, another mafia update, who knows, maybe it will correct itself.

Is there a reason that this script isn't configured to stasis with a GGG or Spirit Hobo?

I suppose because I don't know of a way to know whether your ghost/hobo is properly sated. Would you rather the script assume ghosts and hobos are fed and able to restore? That's very simple to add -- 1 line each under the mpfams category.
    Sig by JakAtk

I suppose because I don't know of a way to know whether your ghost/hobo is properly sated. Would you rather the script assume ghosts and hobos are fed and able to restore? That's very simple to add -- 1 line each under the mpfams category.
    Originally Posted by zarqon View Post
    The simplest way to find out if a ghost or hobo is lacking nourishment is to parse the combat results. If a hobo or ghost could possibly give another blast, there will be some sort of message about it doing something random that round. If the ghost/hobo isn't mentioned at all, then it will not have any chance of firing off a blast in the next round.
    Last edited by Bale; 04-23-2009 at 05:58 AM.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

I meant besides that. I want hobofullness(), not (contains_text(page,"blah blah") || contains_text(page,"chogochochogo") || contains_text(page,"nantoko kantoko"))...

So do sated ghosts and hobos act every round (i.e. we can simply test for absence), or do we need to detect inability by looking for hunger/sobriety messages? The wiki has all the strings but doesn't give me frequency.

I don't have a hobo and never use my ghost so I completely lack motivation to figure this out. I would be glad to incorporate this functionality if someone else can fill me in on ghost/hobo behavior (or just writes the detection coding), however.

By the way, those bits all mean "blah blah" but in different languages. Fun!
    Sig by JakAtk

Sated ghosts and hobos will do something every round, even if it is only a text about hunting through garbage cans. I rely on that cue to know when my hobo/ghost has run out of charges. No comment about the vagrant = no more charges. Also, the stat gaining message after the fight will change based on the hobo/ghost being charged, but that isn't helpful for a consult script.

PS. What languages are chogochochogo and nantoko kantoko?
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.