SmartStasis -- a complex script for a simple CCS

Bale

Minion
This says my ghost is hungry. A few lines later the fight makes it clear that my ghost still has charges. Is this because I won initiative and your script expected my ghost to take action? (ghostname is set correctly and usually works.) Do I get a bugfinder blade for this? ;)

Code:
[831] The Middle Chamber
Encounter: tomb bat
Strategy: H:\KolMafia\ccs\default.ccs [default]
Round 0: bale wins initiative!
[COLOR="Olive"]Your ghost is hongry.[/COLOR]
Round 1: bale tries to steal an item!
You acquire an item: leathery bat skin
Round 2: Chohoshi floats over to a nearby trash can and rifles through it looking for food. Guess he's not picky.
Round 2: bale casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 3: Chohoshi swoops through your opponent, somehow transferring 25 points of its lifeforce into Mojo Points for you. You feel slightly skeeved out.
Round 3: tomb bat takes 25 damage.
You gain 25 Mojo Points.
Round 3: Chohoshi's stomach growls loudly.
Round 3: bale uses the rock band flyers!
Round 4: Chohoshi swoops through your opponent, somehow transferring 30 points of its lifeforce into Mojo Points for you. You feel slightly skeeved out.
Round 4: tomb bat takes 30 damage.
You gain 30 Mojo Points.
Round 4: Chohoshi's stomach growls loudly.
Round 4: bale attacks!
Round 5: tomb bat takes 62 damage.
Round 5: Chohoshi slimes your opponent thoroughly, dealing 20 damage. The resulting ectoplasmic shock wave gives you a mystical jolt.
Round 5: tomb bat takes 20 damage.
You gain 20 Mojo Points.
Round 5: Chohoshi's stomach growls loudly.
Round 5: bale attacks!
Round 6: tomb bat takes 58 damage.
Round 6: Chohoshi floats over to a nearby trash can and rifles through it looking for food. Guess he's not picky.
Round 6: bale attacks!
Round 7: tomb bat takes 75 damage.
Round 7: Chohoshi ransacks a nearby dessert cart looking for treats, but comes back empty-handed (and empty-mouthed).
You gain 70 Meat
After Battle: Chohoshi gives you a saucy smile. You really wish he'd wipe the sauce off every now and again.
You gain 15 Strongness
You gain 22 Enchantedness
You gain 30 Cheek

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Do I get a slap on the wrist for pointing out that "hungry" is spelled wrong in the output that Bale provided?

zarqon

Actually, Bale spelled it incorrectly (not "wrong") in his post. The correct spelling is "hongry". If Bale wishes to slap your wrist, I suppose he may.

And yes, Bale, you have found an error! Here is your bugfinder blade, since I can't give you one in game:

<==||===========-

This will be fixed in the next update, which will happen at the same time I release a prototype BatMan for debugging purposes.

Bale

Minion
You're very generous! If I had tried to ask Jick for a bugfinder blade for such a bug, he'd have told me that the error isn't serious enough for him to give me one. :(

Do I get a slap on the wrist for pointing out that "hungry" is spelled wrong in the output that Bale provided?
Actually, "hongry" the correct spelling for a word in the Gullah language, a creole spoken by a subculture in SE America which actually does mean hungry. Therefore we can deduce that zarqon only pretends to be Korean.

This will be fixed in the next update, which will happen at the same time I release a prototype BatMan for debugging purposes.
OooooHOooh! You're such a tease!

Bale

Minion
Damn web translators suck.

yahoo: Is not, the end Korean hereupon.
babylon: No, end Korea Republic.
google: No, the end of Korea's people.
wordlingo: Is not, the end Korean hereupon the bedspread.

I have no way to know if your Korean actually means anything!

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
/me points out that "wrong" can be used as an adverb. =P

And to save others a bit of translator-searching: "No, the end of Korea's people", according to Google Translate, I think. It doesn't seem to make too much sense in this context, but I might be going crazy. The second part probably isn't relevant, either.

Edit: Totally ninja'd... probably has something to do with me not clicking submit for like twenty minutes, forgetting about it, then remembering.

zarqon

'Wrong' is only an adverb in informal English, but is approaching common use in America. But, since 'hongry' is only a word in informal English, I'll let it slide.

Also, in my haste I wrongly typed a vowel. Should be 정말, not 종말. My Korean spelling isn't so great yet -- but at least I didn't have to consult a dictionary!

Also, something about SmartStasis blah blah blah.

Alhifar

"Is not, the end Korean hereupon the bedspread."

That's what wordlingo gives as a translation with that replaced >.>

zarqon

Don't think so -- "the end" was the old word. The new word is 정 (true) 말 (talk/speak), basically meaning "really" or "honestly".

Since evidently these translators suck, here's a different sentence with the same meaning, just informal.

아니, 진짜한국사람야.

And hahahaha, wordlingo gives this as "It knows, the real Korean Oh!." wtf.

Fluxxdog

Something new for SS:
The Nemesis quest update includes new skills for the Disco Bandit. These skills combo for new effects. The moves can only be perform off the secret lair AFTER you've defeated you Nemesis once and for all. The combos also seem different for each person and may change each ascension.

Rave Concentration: +30% item drops
Rave Nirvana: %50 to meat drops
One combo causes you to gain 3 substat (2 Cheek, 1 Wizardliness)
One combo causes the enemy to drop treasure. Don't know if it can get PP only. It seems to only cause regular treasure to drop. Always steals from a Grass Elemental, but never a spectral jellyfish.
One combo will stun them for two turns and deal damage.
One combo will deal more damage than the one above.

I don't know if these skills also delevel (doubtful given they do more damage than regular DB moves) or if you can perm them yet. Sadly, as of this post, KoLmafia doesn't seem to recognize them at all. The CLI keeps saying I'm casting CHANCE.

Edit: Might help if I named the skills:
Pop and Lock It
Run Like the Wind
Break It On Down

And these skills are affected by any bonuses that augment DB skill damage, like certain legendary weapons. Each skill costs 2 MP each.

Last edited:

halfvoid

As a perpetual Disco Bandit, i can confirm that the way these combos fire off is different for each character, and randomizes upon ascension. (the wiki agrees) Also, there are several new familiars with this update, including the autonomous disco ball which acts like a star starfish, damaging or damaging and returning mp every combat round.

As a quick fix, if you want those disco combos, you can always add them manually to your ccs. I've done so. I'm a big fan of two pick pockets. and the very nice amount of +% to meat and item drops.

zarqon

This is very poor timing on the part of TPTB -- release a major content update while I'm in the midst of a huge, intended-to-be-comprehensive combat script. I mean seriously guys, what were you thinking? Don't you pay attention?

Ha. Anyway, all the new skills / familiars will be added... sometime. It's nice that I already have a "famspecgear" variable for use by the formulas, since all of the new familiars seem to get new functionality when they're wearing their equipment.

If anyone cares to share formulas (for HP / MP / meat / damage) for familiars that act during combat (not only the beginning or end) I'd be appreciative. Keep the formula for rate separate, since it's affected by Jingle Jangle Jingle.

Glazius

In non-Rave combo-related news I've been noticing a problem for a while with SS recognizing monsters. While I'm cupcaking in the great trip it expects monsters called "the Angels of Avalon" and "the Elders of the Gentle Race", both of which create invalid monster values.

It's nothing major, but since these are the blue and purple cupcakes I'd rather have the pickpocket and/or in-combat +item effects go off.

zarqon

This Nemesis stuff is pretty cool -- seems like non-permable "epic rules" for each class. Nice, especially for buffbots and other non-ascender types.

Once mafia supports DB combos better (looks like Veracity has some very cool things in the works), SS should be able to access mafia's settings to support these new combos.

xbadmitonx

Spring Raindrop Attack

Is there an option that must be set to true to have it use spring raindrop attack? I have the katana equipped but it is not casting the skill.

zarqon

It only casts the raindrop attack if you're stasising for some reason. If you don't have a stasis familiar -- or you don't have a reason to stasis (could happen if your HP is above your recovery target and your MP is full) -- then it will skip the whole stasis loop, including the restore section.

BatMan will consider all options, including whatever haiku skills you may have available.

Mixie

As a quick fix, if you want those disco combos, you can always add them manually to your ccs. I've done so. I'm a big fan of two pick pockets. and the very nice amount of +% to meat and item drops.

Hey, new to mafia, and scripting in general, but I thought I'd get this script running while in DB aftercore... and the new rave combos aren't supported. Not a complaint at all, but I'm curious how I could do what halfvoid has done.

I think I understand how to build my own CCS, but the according to the wiki, the "extra pickpocket" combo only dislodges something if pickpocket failed. How would I check whether that's true or not?