Page 188 of 188 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188
Results 1,871 to 1,878 of 1878

Thread: SmartStasis -- a complex script for a simple CCS

@Saklad: Okay, r113 adds even better support for all the various tracking skills/items, and now avails itself of some of mafia's various tracking properties to avoid re-attracting an already attracted monster.

I did not add Mating Call to batfactors though. You seem up to the task!
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

I’m not sure, but I think each kind of attraction can stack. I certainly can’t find anyone saying otherwise. Having On the Trail doesn’t necessarily mean that you can’t benefit further from the mating call, for example.

By the way, the code for set_happened(“attracted”) seems to have a hard-coded list of attraction options, rather than using batfactors.

Is there a way to set priorities or values for custom skills? SmartStasis seems to ignore Transcendent Olfaction in favor of Gallapagosian Mating Call due to the lower MP cost. That would make sense if they were equally effective, but that is hardly the case.

Ideally, I’d want to use Transcendent Olfaction first, then use Gallapagosian Mating Call if I currently have On the Trail for a different monster. This could be accomplished with the following changes:

• Add an optional float value to the custom keyword, which can be used as a multiplier when determining the benefit of using the skill.
      • Transcendent Olfaction could be “custom attract 3”, since it adds 3 copies of the monster to the adventure queue.
      • Gallapagosian Mating Call could be “custom attract 1” or “custom attract”, since it appears to add 1 copy of the monster to the adventure queue.

• Ignore attract skills that give On the Trail if the effect is already present, but don’t ignore attract skills that do not use it. Don’t try to attract at all if On the Trail corresponds to the monster you are currently fighting. This would probably need to be hard-coded, but the current solution is hard-coded anyway.

If you agree with that design, I might try implementing it myself and submitting a patch.

SmartStasis with the case changes to validate.
    Attached Files

Thanks Theraze. r40 brings us a warnings-free SmartStasis, which will also run away from barrow wraith?s.

@Saklad: I agree that SS should prefer the most effective attraction method you have. Your proposal sounds great but would be nontrivial to implement, especially the "when determining the benefit of the skill" part, which is presently basically a boolean. However, attaching numbers to the custom flag is already being done with banishers, so doing it with attraction options sounds good to me. Perhaps an easier solution for the nonce would be to just tell SS to attempt Olfaction first if attraction is desired, then if unavailable proceed as normal.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Not that it matters to me since I don't use this script, but I would expect Olfaction and Gallapagosian to both be used on the same monster if possible, rather than only casting Gallapagosian on a second desirable monster if there is one.

Kind of a weird interaction here. I'm bumming around in aftercore with some mime skills permed and occasionally the New-You club wants me to use a mime combat skill like Silent Knife or Silent Treatment. I can see it getting set correctly in the _newYou related properties, but SmartStasis doesn't seem to be queueing it up. It works fine with other skills. Is there anything I can do to help diagnose this?

Glazius: SS was still using properties from before mafia tracked the New-You quest. r41 updates it to use mafia's properties. Let me know if that fixes it!
    Sig by JakAtk