New Content - Implemented New Mr. Store currency

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Adding the items is simple, but there are now two currencies used for buying things. That typically means not making the shop a coinmaster, but Mr. Store is already a coinmaster. Does this mean making it not a coinmaster, or is there a reasonable way to support that?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Too bad - our "new item detection" worked just fine in Mr. Store for me. But, yes - there are two currencies.

Coinmasters do have the assumption that there is exactly one currency. As long as everything in the store is either one or the other currency, I imagine we could adjust - but as soon as something costs 1 Mr. Accessory + 5 Uncle Bucks, we are in the realm of Grandma or the Crackpot Mystic...

Let me think on this some more. Like, tomorrow. I am tired.

Lxndr

Noticing an odd behaviour: I can change my Mr. Accessory into 10 Mr. Bucks, but when I change them back, Mafia still thinks I have ten Mr. Bucks in inventory. Don't know if this needs a separate thread?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Since we have not yet implemented any support for going between Mr. Accessories and Uncle Bucks in either direction, I wouldn't say it's "odd" that we don't yet understand that items have been removed from inventory.

Since this thread is to report the implications of the new currency, it is a fine place for you to report it.

Edit: it would be even more helpful if you would report the URL that was submitted to do the currency exchange. It should be in your session log.

Last edited:

psly4mne

The conversion is mrstore.php?pwd&action=a_to_b (Accessory to Bucks) or mrstore.php?pwd&action=b_to_a (Bucks to Accessory).

Lxndr

Yep. Was giing to pop in and say it wasn't working, then I noticed the most recent build. Thanks for the velocity, Veracity!

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 15060 should support both currencies in Mr. Store. The panel for the on the CoinmastersFrame now lists each item with the correct currency and enables or disables it depending on whether you have enough of the specific currency you need to spend for it. Note that I have not actually bought anything from there recently; I bought a Mr. A so I could convert to Uncle Bucks and back in order to test the display, but I don't want any of the current offerings that I don't already have.

I am sure that I'll hear, soon enough, if it doesn't work right.

Razorsoup

...The panel for the on the CoinmastersFrame now lists each item with the correct currency and enables or disables it depending on whether you have enough of the specific currency you need to spend for it....

That seems to be working for me. Yay!

...Note that I have not actually bought anything from there recently; I bought a Mr. A so I could convert to Uncle Bucks and back in order to test the display, but I don't want any of the current offerings that I don't already have.

I am sure that I'll hear, soon enough, if it doesn't work right.

Just downloaded r15060. I had been intending on eventually buy a sister accessory and mr. accessory jr. so I took this opportunity to do so. Selecting either of them in the CoinmastersFrame and clicking the buy button currently does nothing. No debug log, no purchase, nothing in the session log or gCLI. The conversion of the Mr. Accessory to Uncle Bucks seems to be working properly. The actually spending of Uncle Bucks is what is currently failing for me.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I will un-mark this as implemented and will look at the code tomorrow; I am about to leave for the evening.
Hold on to your Uncle Bucks. :)

Razorsoup

I will un-mark this as implemented and will look at the code tomorrow; I am about to leave for the evening.
Hold on to your Uncle Bucks. :)

No problem. I've been procrastinating actually buying them anyways, another day isn't going to hurt.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
OK, as of 15066:

- You should see all Mr. Store items in the Coinmasters Frame with the appropriate currency
- You should see all Mr. Store items in the Purchases Frame with the appropriate currency
- You should be able to buy items for Uncle Bucks from either place

Razorsoup

OK, as of 15066:

- You should see all Mr. Store items in the Coinmasters Frame with the appropriate currency
- You should see all Mr. Store items in the Purchases Frame with the appropriate currency
- You should be able to buy items for Uncle Bucks from either place

So I tried this with r15061 because apparently I can't brain too good today. That obviously didn't work out well. So after downloading r15067 and trying again this is what I see:

You should see all Mr. Store items in the Coinmasters Frame with the appropriate currency
This looks like it still works.

You should see all Mr. Store items in the Purchases Frame with the appropriate currency
This seems to be working. The only odd thing I see is if I select the item in the listing it shows above the listing "2 Mr. Accessory Jr. for 10 meat". Screenshot for clarity:mr_store.png

You should be able to buy items for Uncle Bucks from either place
Started with 10 Uncle Bucks. Then did the following:
1. Bought a Mr. Accessory Jr. from the purchases tab. Mafia bought it from Mr. Store for 5 Uncle Bucks as expected.
2. typing into the gCLI "ash item_amount($item[uncle buck])" returned 5, as expected.
3. "refresh inv" followed by typing into the gCLI "ash item_amount($item[uncle buck])" now returns 0, not expected.
4. Visited Mr. Store in the relay browser and checked my inventory, I do indeed still have 5 Uncle Bucks.
5. No amount of "refresh inv" or "refresh session" resolved the fact that mafia doesn't think I have any Uncle Bucks.
6. Restarted mafia, mafia now sees my Uncle Bucks. Yay! Not sure why this worked but "refresh session" didn't.
7. Purchased the Sister Accessory from the coinmasters frame. This worked as expected.

So other than that one weird oddity with mafia not seeing the Uncle Bucks I had in my inventory this seems to be working.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Huh. That display when you highlight the coinmaster item in the Purchases tab is odd. I'll look at it.
The "not finding Uncle Bucks after doing refresh inv" is just weird. It makes no sense and I have no (current) clue. I'll think about it.

Thanks for testing!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
All right, with revision 15070, if you have 10 Uncle Bucks in inventory and have visited Mr. Store, if you select the Sister Accessory in the Mall Search Frame from Mr. Store, rather than a mall store, it will say "2 Sister Accessories for 10 Uncle Bucks".

If you have 5 Uncle Bucks in inventory and do "refresh inv" - which calls api.php - and we think you have none, that means that KoL itself did not send back your Uncle Buck balance in the api.php response. That would be a KoL bug.

I think this New Content is done.

Razorsoup

All right, with revision 15070, if you have 10 Uncle Bucks in inventory and have visited Mr. Store, if you select the Sister Accessory in the Mall Search Frame from Mr. Store, rather than a mall store, it will say "2 Sister Accessories for 10 Uncle Bucks".

If you have 5 Uncle Bucks in inventory and do "refresh inv" - which calls api.php - and we think you have none, that means that KoL itself did not send back your Uncle Buck balance in the api.php response. That would be a KoL bug.

I think this New Content is done.

Thanks for all your work on this. Next time I have either $10 or 12,000,000 meat to spend, I'll try to recreate that other issue. Any tips on the best way to capture any information that may be useful to whoever will have to fix it?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yes.

Turn on the DEBUG log
Visit the inventory and verify that the Uncle Bucks are there
Do a "refresh inv" - which does api.php - and see that we no longer think you have Uncle Bucks.

The DEBUG log will have two requests in it:

inventory.php?which=3 will show Uncle Bucks
api.php?what=inventory will not show them.