Trouble using visit_url to play Skeeball

I am trying to play Skeeball using a Game Grid Token by using the visit_url command. I got a Game Grid Token and typed
Code:
ash visit_url("place.php?whichplace=arcade&action=arcade_skeeball")
into the CLI. Instead of giving me my 10 tickets, I lost 5 adventures and my token with nothing to show (playing skeeball doesn't take adventures).

So, I tried again adding the pwd=my_hash() to the end, same outcome. Then I tried going to the arcade page manually before entering the command, same outcome. So, I tried going there normally, by hand, clicked on Skeeball, and it worked fine. I got my 10 tickets with no adventure cost.

I am at a loss as to why this isn't working as it should...

Darzil

Developer
You need to use GET rather than POST (though I suspect KoL eating adventures with POST could be a bug, though as it's only possible with URL injection maybe they won't care) :

This works:
ash visit_url("place.php?whichplace=arcade&action=arcade_skeeball", false)

Interesting, thanks for the solutions! :) For future reference, what is the difference between POST and GET? When would I want to use one over the other?

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Interesting, thanks for the solutions! :) For future reference, what is the difference between POST and GET? When would I want to use one over the other?
POST is used by html forums, GET by html requests. Which exactly to use in KoL depends on the particular implementation on KoL. For example, the arcade used to use forms and POST, a few months ago it was changed to use GET.