RUnning ASH scripts

L

L33t Masta

I hate to sound newb...but how do I run ash scripts?

Nightmist

Plain text file with the filename extension ".ash"

To run from the GUI theres a "Scripts" button on the top bar.

Nightmist

[quote author=efilnikufecin link=topic=198.msg1001#msg1001 date=1149829126]
ya missed that the scripts should be saved in the scripts folder which is in the folder that kolmafia is in.
[/quote]

Im not sure about this but I thought that "Load script" option allowed you to run script files that are stored anywhere? (Anywhere being on your computer)

[quote author=Nightmist link=topic=198.msg1002#msg1002 date=1149830382]
Im not sure about this but I thought that "Load script" option allowed you to run script files that are stored anywhere? (Anywhere being on your computer)
[/quote]

Yep, anywhere on the computer is right. I should have said
to take full advantage of the kolmafia gui menu system the script should be saved in the scripts folder.

to be able to call the script from the cli by typing the name of the script (no extention needed) the script needs to be in the scripts folder.

kolmafia's cli does not support filenames with spaces in them and that includes spaces in the path to the file. If you keep your scripts in the scripts folder, and never have a space in the filename, then you are sure to not have issues with this in the future

I've had a variety of problems keeping scripts outside the scripts folder, and you may avoid these problems by keeping your scripts in the scripts folder.

I shouldn't have used the words "you forgot to add"

When new at scripting, (in my oppinion) it is a good idea to keep your scripts in the scripts folder. When more experienced, or when you have too many then you might want to keep rarely used scripts or scripts which are part of another script in another folder.

Tirian

Also, if you keep your scripts in subfolders of "scripts", the GUI automatically creates a lovely submenu tree structure for you.

Maybe everyone already knew that, but it was a very pleasant surprise for me the first time I saw it. :)