New Content - Implemented Incorrect modifiers from latest twitch event

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Code:
> ash string_modifier($effect[herbal pert], "modifiers")

Returned: Experience (Moxie): [2*zone(Twitch)], Initiative: +250

> ash string_modifier($effect[brainworm], "modifiers")

Returned: Item Drop: +200, Experience (Mysticality): [25*zone(Twitch)]

> ash string_modifier($effect[bloody grin], "modifiers")

Returned: Experience (Muscle): [25*zone(Twitch)]
Bloody Grin is missing Weapon Damage Percent: [500*zone(Twitch)], and all of the other modifiers should also be tied to the twitch zones.

Darzil

Developer
r14991 adds the others, but Bloody Grin gives +500% Physical Damage, not Weapon Damage. Is that different, or is it Weapon Damage and a wrong note ?

psly4mne

I didn't mean to imply it was previously reported, but I only noticed it because it was the block heeheehee quoted above.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I would need to check the actual modifier. Is physical damage percent still a thing? I thought it got replaced by weapon damage percent, and Jick just got confused.

edit: twitch stream lists it as "pctdamagebonus". I would guess that's weapon damage.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I see the following references to "Physical Damage":

# Sledgehammer of the Vælkyr: +20% Physical Damage (currently approximated with Weapon Damage)
Sledgehammer of the Vælkyr Muscle: +23, Critical Hit Percent: +10, Class: "Seal Clubber", Weapon Damage Percent: +20
# hobo stogie: +100% Physical Damage against Hobos
hobo stogie Single Equip, Weapon Damage Percent: [100*zone(Hobopolis)*(1-loc(Sewer Tunnels))]
# kumquartz ring: +200% Physical Damage (currently approximated with Weapon Damage)
kumquartz ring Single Equip, Weapon Damage Percent: [200*zone(The Candy Diorama)]
# sea mantle: +150% Physical Damage (Underwater Only)
sea cape Moxie Percent: +5, Maximum HP: +30, Maximum MP: +30, Initiative: [50*(zone(The Sea)+loc(The Sunken Party Yacht))], Critical Hit Percent: [15*(zone(The Sea)+loc(The Sunken Party Yacht))]
sea mantle Muscle Percent: +10, Maximum MP: +50, Weapon Damage Percent: [150*(zone(The Sea)+loc(The Sunken Party Yacht))]
# Bloody Grin: +500% Physical Damage
Bloody Grin Experience (Muscle): [25*zone(Twitch)]
# Brass Loins: Physical Damage +100% (in Dreadsylvania only)
# Brass Loins: Triple bonus damage against Bugbears, Werewolves, Zombies, Ghosts, Skeletons and Vampires
# The Captain's Hammer: +50 Physical Damage (when Unarmed)

As you can see, for several of those we "approximate with Weapon Damage" for others, we do not.

I'm curious about how item enchantments are generated in desc_item.php. If they are generated on the fly, then "pctdamagebonus" of 500 is displayed as "Physical Damage +500%", and whatever is on Boris's helm (for example) which displays as displays as "Weapon Damage +50%" is something else.

Weapon of the Pastalord does Physical Damage, no? If so, the sea mantle should improve it underwater. And, since it is not a "weapon" (I assume), items that grant Weapon Damage Percent would not improve it. I imagine we could use that to determine if there are, in fact, two different enchantments, and we should add Physical Damage Percent.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
This is a bit tricky to decide, since Weapon of the Pastalord varies. It might be easier to use capped Stringozzi Serpent.

For what it's worth, divine noisemakers were not modified by the Sledgehammer of the Vaelkyr (+20% physical damage).

xKiv

I would also check what "+ physical damage" does with northern explosion (which is presumably a weapon attack (or at least calculated mostly like one), but not physical damage (because it's cold damage))

sea cape Moxie Percent: +5, Maximum HP: +30, Maximum MP: +30, Initiative: [50*(zone(The Sea)+loc(The Sunken Party Yacht))], Critical Hit Percent: [15*(zone(The Sea)+loc(The Sunken Party Yacht))]
sea mantle Muscle Percent: +10, Maximum MP: +50, Weapon Damage Percent: [150*(zone(The Sea)+loc(The Sunken Party Yacht))]

I spy an extraneously duplicated comment before that sea cape ... ;)