Bug - Fixed Zombies can Eat Steel Lasagna!

Bale

Minion
Getting ready for Crimbo as a Zombie Slayer and I note that mafia is trying to stop me from eating my Steel Lasagna in the CLI and GUI. Trying to eat it in the GUI will be completely ignored by mafia, but doing it in the CLI gives this informative message.

Code:
[COLOR="#808000"]> eat steel lasagna[/COLOR]

(usable quantity of steel lasagna is limited to 0 by it not being a brain)

Well that is an entirely reasonable bug. Didn't this used to work, back when the path was current?

I'm going to hold off on eating my lasagna, rather than do it in the relay browser so I can test the fix. Please don't keep me waiting for too long.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It should be fixed by 14984. I think that when the path was active, mafia checked for "brain" in the item name, which allowed "brain-meltingly-hot chicken wings" to be eaten (according to mafia), and probably some other stuff.

Theraze

I believe the better check was for 'brains' in the plural, since besides the steel lasagna, that was actually accurate. But...

Theraze

True. Until we actually find a fail-case though, EatDrink will keep using plural brains for its filter. :) Allows brains casserole, fricasseed brains, etc.

Bale

Minion
Code:
[COLOR="#808000"]> eat steel lasagna[/COLOR]

Eating 1 steel lasagna...
You gain 5 Fullness
You learned a new skill: Stomach of Steel
Finished eating 1 steel lasagna.

Thanks!

Theraze

Rather than checking the "notes" field to see if the item is allowed as a Zombie Slayer?

Did that exist back when the ZS path was first released? I don't remember that being an option back then.

Would be interesting seeing, if any items get released in the future with 'brains' in the plural, if they end up actually working with ZS food. Only new 'brain' item I can see is the Brain Food Pastaco, which should fail because it does Brain Food Pastacos rather than Brains Food Pastaco. By the old logic. :)

Theraze

Which explains why I used .plural brains, since mafia's "brain" check gave wrong positives like the brain-melting wings as you mentioned, but my .plural brains check gave only correct results. :)

I may change it in the future. For now, it works fine and either way it's parsing one text field. Whether I'm checking .plural for "brains" or .notes for "Zombie Slayer", either way there's a single field being checked and they should both be matching the same items currently. Should be. :)