Bug - Fixed SVN Repository not reloading

Bale

Minion
This is probably because of a change to Github, but...

how do I get the svnrepo.json to be updated? For instance, I don't see CKB's new script in the manager. I tried to delete it and run svn update in the CLI but that didn't work.
The svn repo information should update itself automatically once per day. If it fails, that is weird and troubling, but you can force it to update by opening the Script Manager to the "Install" tab, right-clicking and choosing "reload remote repository"
Yeah I don't think I have mine updating, because I don't see a lot of the "newly" added scripts.

Actually, I still don't see those scripts despite reloading the repository. Are those scripts not added anymore? I don't see any of ckb's scripts, guuy's slime calc, or digitrev's script. There are probably more if I kept looking. Here is a screen shot of what I (mostly) see. http://gyazo.com/f1e86986406223e699dfe54f9199829a
Okay, I tried reloading the remote repository and it is not refreshing the scripts list.

Maybe there is a mafia regression, or maybe git changed their formatting and mafia needs to adapt to the change? I'll make a bug report.

EoD Softcore Ascension Script is the last script added to the repository, so try reloading the Script Manager and then look for it. (It is an adventuring script so it will be near the top of the list.)

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
My first guess is that the same thing that causes an issue for Guide is happening here. I don't know what that cause is, or what the fix is, so this isn't a very helpful post...

Bale

Minion
That seems improbable, if not impossible. For one thing, the SVN repository isn't on SVN.

Razorsoup

That seems improbable, if not impossible. For one thing, the SVN repository isn't on SVN.

IIRC, Guide is hosted on github so if this SVN repository is also hosted on github it could be the same issue.

Last edited:

xKiv

I think I had a problem with this - mafia was saving the updated file in a different place than it was trying to load it from - but I assumed that was because I always run mafia from eclipse.

(this is on linux, and I appear to have solved it by making a symlink from ~/.kolmafia/data/svnrepo.json (which is what mafia reads) to $KOLMAFIAPROJECT/data/svnrepo.json ($KOLMAFIAPROJECT is current working directory of mafia when running from eclipse; this is where the file is updated). I haven't run mafia since yesterday yet, but the updated file was last updated nov 04, and the symlink is from march, so I would say the situation is still the same)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I have the following in my DATA directory:

45649 Nov 3 23:15 svnrepo.json

As you can see, it has not updated the file since Nov 3.

Looking at FileUtilities.downloadFile, we ask the server to send us the file if Last-Modified is greater than the local file date. I also noticed that the only response codes we handle are 200 (OK) and 304 (Not Modified); if there is any other response code, we silently return without doing anything further.

I just fixed the "silently" part and made it log any other result. I forced the repository to reload and got this in my DEBUG log:

Code:
Requesting: https://raw2.github.com/roippi/kolmafiasvnrepo/master/svnrepo.json
0 request properties

Server returned response code 404 (Not Found)
I take it that is no longer the correct URL?

Bale

Minion
All we did was to change which of us was the main admin for the repo. Actually, we were trying to both have admin privileges, but Git doesn't allow that. That didn't seem like a big deal at the time.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
So, probably not the same issue that affects Guide. Unless Guide's URL changes semi-regularly.

I did not originally respond to this because I assumed you were making a joke and just happened to leave off the wink-smiley. However, someone else in the Guide thread appears to seriously have believed you about that being the reason for Guide's difficulty updating so I must respond.

Guide's URL has never changed. This is completely unrelated to Guide's problems which appear to stem from a buggy implementation of SVN by the Github website. We recommend that nobody use Github for SVN. (So far, sourceforge and google code have proved reliable.)

Last edited: