"Did Not Fully Restore HP For Some Reason"

Aramada

Undoubtedly, probably not a bug, most likely user error, but I wasn't sure where to post "Hey I'm a dumbass what exactly am I doing wrong" type questions. (Suggestions for the future on where I should post these, 'cause let's be honest, I'll have more in the future)

ANYWAY, today's flavour of "what am I doing wrong" is I went to adventure, and Mafia won't adventure. Instead, it keeps popping up with the message "Did Not Fully Restore HP For Some Reason." I have the Auto-HP set to recover at 70%, using Cocoon...but the thing is, I'm AT 100% HP, so it shouldn't even be trying to recover. Even if it did, I have plenty of MP, so casting Cocoon shouldn't be a problem. But it simply refuses to budge. I've never run across this particular flavour of user fail before so I don't know what I've done wrong.

Help?

~Aramada

Aramada

Slightly more data: I went to the Graphical CLI tab to update for the trick or treat script, when I saw this:

Purchasing some bottles of Monsieur Bubble for use as a combat restorative.
You need 3 more bottle of Monsieur Bubble to continue.
Did not fully restore HP for some reason.

I have no idea why it is trying to purchase Monsieur Bubble at all....I have Mana set to "Do Not Restore", and even if I didn't, I have 2.5m meat sitting there for use, so it could certainly buy them if it needed to....though I have no idea why it would need to?

How the hell did I break this and how do I fix it?

~Aramada

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Undoubtedly, probably not a bug, most likely user error, but I wasn't sure where to post "Hey I'm a dumbass what exactly am I doing wrong" type questions. (Suggestions for the future on where I should post these, 'cause let's be honest, I'll have more in the future)
My suggestion would be Community Support.

ANYWAY, today's flavour of "what am I doing wrong" is I went to adventure, and Mafia won't adventure. Instead, it keeps popping up with the message "Did Not Fully Restore HP For Some Reason."
Is that the exact message you're seeing? Mafia doesn't produce that message, so it would seem to be from a script. The only one that makes any sense is Universal Recovery.

I have the Auto-HP set to recover at 70%, using Cocoon...but the thing is, I'm AT 100% HP, so it shouldn't even be trying to recover. Even if it did, I have plenty of MP, so casting Cocoon shouldn't be a problem. But it simply refuses to budge. I've never run across this particular flavour of user fail before so I don't know what I've done wrong.
If you're at full HP, then casting cocoon does nothing regardless of your MP, so it isn't a surprise that whatever is triggering it would see failure.

I'm curious where you were adventuring and what uncommon effects/equipment you might have on. It's possible that none of that matters if it's a script error, though.

Aramada

My suggestion would be Community Support.

Will do.

Is that the exact message you're seeing? Mafia doesn't produce that message, so it would seem to be from a script. The only one that makes any sense is Universal Recovery.

Yes, that is the exact message. It is appearing in the little bar about midway down on the Mafia screen, where you get messages like "outfit changed" and the progress bar for how many adventures it has round out of how many you requested.

I do have Universal Recovery downloaded (it shows up on my list of scripts), but does it run passively, because I'm pretty sure I've never specifically asked it to run (like when I ask Trick or Treat or Protection to run).

If you're at full HP, then casting cocoon does nothing regardless of your MP, so it isn't a surprise that whatever is triggering it would see failure.

Yeah, it's giving me that error no matter what HP I'm at. I tried adventuring manually for a few adventures in a 3 kiss Dreadsylvania Village, which dropped my HP some, and it still won't adventure at all when I click Begin. It just says "Did Not Fully Restore HP For Some Reason."

I don't know why it is trying to restore HP unnecessarily, nor do I know what the "Purchasing some bottles of Monsieur Bubble for use as a combat restorative. You need 3 more bottle of Monsieur Bubble to continue. Did not fully restore HP for some reason." message in the CLI screen means.

I don't have anything unusual on (same outfit I've been wearing for Dread adventuring for the past month or so with zero problem), nor any unusual effects.

~Aramada

Darzil

Developer
If you do "get recoveryScript" (without quotes) in the CLI, it'll probably show that Universal_Recovery is your recovery script. Use "set recoveryScript = " to set it back to nothing, and it'll stop doing it.

Aramada

Thank you Lost and Darzil. Doing "set recoveryScript = " DID fix the problem. (And, yes, it did show that Universal_Recovery was my recovery script. So, it seems to me, something has gone wonky with the Universal_Recovery, and I'll drop Bale a Kmail so he has a head's up.

Thank you, as always, for your help and your patience. (And mods, please feel free to transfer this over to Community Support! Thank you!)

~Aramada