refresh the relay browser at the end of an ash script

death star

Is it possible? Possibly by showing the last page that would have been shown to the script; failing that, a main.php would work too.

I looked for it but didn't find a way.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
For a relay script, I am sure we do this already.

For a non-relay script - one that you run from the CLI - I am quite sure that I don't want to see the last page in the relay browser - even if it were possibly for KoLmafia to display a page there without the browser asking for it.

Please explain exactly the use case that requires whatever it is you want.

death star

It is a non-relay script; so i take it it's not possible and/or auspicable.

I'll still explain myself: I'm trying to adapt a grimstone mask script. When the script ends, i don't get to see the current score anywhere. I can check the leaderboard, but that's only if last run was the best yet that day.
Also, by refreshing the page i can realize much faster that the automation has ended. It would also be easier to see buffs, counters left, MP, if I'm beaten up etc.

I realize the first issue can be solved with some more coding (parsing and printing the final score in the CLI.. gonna start looking into that), and the second by different user behaviour (just pay more attention, and then of course manually refreshing the mainpage everytime before resuming manual relay adventuring).

Still, if such a function to refresh the relay had been there, i'd have gladly taken the shortcut.

Out of curiosity, why is displaying the page without explicit browser request not a thing you'd want to see?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Out of curiosity, why is displaying the page without explicit browser request not a thing you'd want to see?

As I read the description it sounded like you were asking for some kind of pop up. That may or may not be the case but it is how I read what you wrote. I can also think of so many things that have to be accounted for that it sounds like a lot of work for little or no gain. veracity's opinion may be different ;-)