Daily dungeon reminder

So, for the second time yesterday I forgot to do the Daily Dungeon on my day 1. I typically save it till the end of that day so I can be sure I get the steel margarita and make enough meat for my mushroom plot, but as a result it sometimes slips my mind.

I've thought of a couple possible solutions. The simplest would be to add a KOL counter at the start of each ascension for 120 or however many turns. But I thought a more elegant approach would be to push a popup warning, perhaps with user_confirm(), when, for example, I hit level 7. Is there a way to set that sort of trigger to bring up a pop-up upon obtaining a new level or an item? Alternatively, do people have other, cleaner solutions to pushing reminders in-run?

Edit: Realized this should probably go in Community Support. My apologies, mods can feel free to move this.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Also I don't think a reminder is something I'd support. Depending on the path/strategy you might want one daily dungeon + wand, two daily dungeons or three daily dungeons, and even in the fastest hardcore runs you sometimes don't need one on the first day.

Have you looked at the "Daily Deeds" frame?

I hadn't - I actually did not even realize those panels contained drop down menus. I'll definitely switch that over to Daily Deeds, and that will probably fix my problem. Still, I often use the relay browser for extended stretches, and I'd prefer to have a popup.

Also I don't think a reminder is something I'd support. Depending on the path/strategy you might want one daily dungeon + wand, two daily dungeons or three daily dungeons, and even in the fastest hardcore runs you sometimes don't need one on the first day.

I realize not everyone wants/needs this, and I didn't mean to imply that the developers should provide any new functionality. I was actually just wondering about how to implement it for myself. Anyway, I think I figured out a solution once I realized that dailyDungeonDone is a global variable. Can look at that, # of tokens, etc. in my between battle script.