New Theme and Bug Report forum

Kakadesu

That's now 3 times today. And yes I have Fewyn. This has been happening since the board was changed to this.

I have tried just leaving the password at the issued reset one. And have changed to password to something else as well. No, it's not a typo problem. I have been sure to check that.

I did just log out and back in again with my newly reset and changed to my normal password for here password. It has worked for now. But considering the current track record, I expect to have issues in a few hours.

zarqon

I'd like to see avatar functionality reinstated. It's easier to recognize people that way. Currently the only option is "Do not use an avatar."

Thanks for the recent renovations fewyn! I think the bug tracker idea is awesome.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Avatars didn't migrate, but the feature is available. Click on the "Use a custom avatar" button and upload one.

zarqon

I don't have that button. My only option is "Do not use avatar."

Also, any chance we could urldecode everything? Messages everywhere are full of & and "

Also, and [li] tags didn't convert over. I don't expect everything to be the same on a new system, but it might be nice if there was some way of helping convert those over.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member

Going to look into it.

I'll see if I can setup some bbcode to fix that.

Bale

Minion
Another thing to fix: Currently images are disabled for signatures. They show in posts though.

Last edited:

Kakadesu

Yay. I just had to RESET my password AGAIN. Why? It did not accept my password as per usual at the login interface. It just dumps me back to the board index asking to be logged in again.

I shall reset my password to the usual setting. Can someone please find out what is going on and why it keeps losing my password?

Wou

You have to register to download a daily build, this may scare off some potential users.

jabberw0ck

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here, but I cannot seem to find an option anywhere to change the "skin" or "theme" either to something similar to what it was a week ago or at least to something different then what is looks like now.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here, but I cannot seem to find an option anywhere to change the "skin" or "theme" either to something similar to what it was a week ago or at least to something different then what is looks like now.
Not possible, we're using a new forum software.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
You have to register to download a daily build, this may scare off some potential users.
If It does they can go download the release build from Sourceforge? It's not like it is hard or anything to register.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
If It does they can go download the release build from Sourceforge? It's not like it is hard or anything to register.

There are times where important features are unusable in the release build for quite a while after game changes. If the policy is that people have to register here if they want a working version, then I guess that works. It will probably result in lots of accounts here with 0 or 1 posts, but that probably doesn't hurt anything.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
There are times where important features are unusable in the release build for quite a while after game changes. If the policy is that people have to register here if they want a working version, then I guess that works. It will probably result in lots of accounts here with 0 or 1 posts, but that probably doesn't hurt anything.
Doesn't hurt anything at all.

jabberw0ck

"Not possible, we're using a new forum software."

If that is true then what did you mean when you said the following:

"Wasted space? It's the same exact layout except with different colours and images. If you don't like it feel free to go change it in your profile back to default though"