New Theme and Bug Report forum

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Yes we have a shiny new theme, I was starting to get tired of the old default one so I pulled this one up. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Also I added a bug report forum so we could try to locate everything in one place. Any suggestions there will also be appreciated.

Bale

Minion
Oh.

Wow.

It'll take a bit to get used to this, but at least it isn't ugly. Someone should tell the penguin that habit will kill him.

GValko

This theme seems to have some issues with FF3.

This is what the code tag looks like. Which is kind of horrible as it has destroyed the changelog on the Unofficial Builds topics.

edit:
Also broken in IE.

dangerpin

It actually works worse on my display. Where yours looks blacked out, mine looks like a visual representation of morse code...all dots and dashes.

I wonder if there is a way to tweak the settings of just that one part of the theme. I really enjoy the other elements of it.

GValko

I actually like it as well dangerpin. Only workaround I have right now is to switch themes back to the old one.

OlyveOyle

I did a double blink when the page opened up, but I like it :) It's not the shiny part I like, its the bold, wake up without making my eyes bleed that I like ;) Makes caffeine more effective ;)

-OO

zarqon

Yeah, the quote thing is unfortunate, but I really love that penguin. My quick reply box went away so I was tempted to lambaste the change, but I found the setting that reactivated it so now I am fully supportive. It's shiny! :)

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
The quote and code boxes are fixed.

You might need to hard refresh (ctrl f5) to get the new CSS file.

StDoodle

Minion
It's 'pretty' and all, but there's a LOT more wasted real estate on my screen, now. I'm kind of a fogie, I prefer black text on white background if it means most of the screen is actually being USED for what I want to read.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
[quote author=StDoodle link=topic=2199.msg11505#msg11505 date=1233347849]
It's 'pretty' and all, but there's a LOT more wasted real estate on my screen, now. I'm kind of a fogie, I prefer black text on white background if it means most of the screen is actually being USED for what I want to read.
[/quote]

Wasted space? It's the same exact layout except with different colours and images. If you don't like it feel free to go change it in your profile back to default though :D

Rinn

Developer
There's a large gap on the sides of the forum in the new theme compared to the old default, you probably wouldn't see it at lower resolutions or if the browser window wasn't maximized.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
[quote author=Rinn link=topic=2199.msg11507#msg11507 date=1233357574]
There's a large gap on the sides of the forum in the new theme compared to the old default, you probably wouldn't see it at lower resolutions or if the browser window wasn't maximized.
[/quote]

True.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Decided I'd use my old vBulletin license that I haven't used in a few years. So enjoy :D

OlyveOyle

-sniff sniff- miss the new, now old, shiny blue ;)

-OO

~~~Sorry couldn't help myself with the bit of teasing ;)

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Closing the bug report forum as it served it's short lived purpose. Please use the bug tracker for now.

Kakadesu

Why does this thing keep losing my password? As in I try to log in with a working passord and it refuses to acknowldge it? That is twice I've had to reset it today.