Feature Request: Track specific item type drop bonuses?

Valliant

(Pardon me if I get the chronology out of order)

First, there were kindly monks, leading you to food or booze.

Somewhere around there (way before my time) a rice bowl appeared, which inspired you to go to great lengths to fill it with food.

There appeared a Pilgrim Shield, and people went: "+50% to weapon drops. Huh, neat." and then went on.

And then a naughty paper shuriken, and people were amused by the increase in pants dropping around them.

With Hobopolis, there came a hat that brought food, and a sign that brought booze.

Now, the Ocean has a tremendous number of new items which carry variable item drop bonuses, looking for every different kind of item there is, just about.

Isn't it time we can see what additional bonuses we have to the different item types? Maybe more rows below the item drop % on the left side that appear when you've got an additional +item modifier that shouldn't be lumped in with the general total?

I know this isn't really a high priority, but I hope my eloquence helps inspire someone with more programming skill to poke at this one.

Thanks.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm aware of it. It's just a matter of time before we add them. Perhaps Jason will do it, since he's now become Mr. Modifiers. ;)

Here's my list:

Code:
tiny plastic The Big Wisniewski +3% Food Drops from Monsters
rum barrel charrrm bracelet   +5% Booze Drops from Monsters
Greek Pasta of Peril      +10% Food Drops from Monsters
straw hat            +15% Booze Drops from Monsters
straw hat            +15% Food Drops from Monsters
velcro paddle ball       +20% Accessory Drops from Monsters
rice bowl            +20% Food Drops from Monsters
velcro sword          +20% Hat/Pants Drops from Monsters
velcro shield          +25% Weapon Drops from Monsters
"WILL WORK FOR BOOZE" sign   +30% Booze Drops from Monsters
panhandle panhandling hat    +30% Food Drops from Monsters
pilgrim shield         +50% Weapon Drops from Monsters

Plus Brother Flying Burrito and Brother Smother. And you say the naughty paper shuriken? Huh.

Rinn

Developer
If you hit a monster that drops pants with the naughty paper shuriken, instead of dealing 15-20 sleaze damage it stuns them for 3 turns and increases the drop rate of pants for that battle by 50%.

Valliant

Yeah, I guess the naughty paper shuriken doesn't really count for this purpose since it's a combat item, but it has the same sort of effect, and it added something to the history. Sorry.

jasonharper

Developer
One more for the list: Mad Hatrack with no equipment has a bonus to hat drops. We'll need some way of even expressing that condition...

The display would have to be on the modifiers popup, adding more rows to the permanent modifiers display would increase the minimum size of the main window (which people are complaining about already).

I'm still trying to figure out how to handle the vinyl boots, given that the character's gender doesn't appear to be consistently displayed anywhere.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=jasonharper link=topic=2196.msg11470#msg11470 date=1233275298]I'm still trying to figure out how to handle the vinyl boots, given that the character's gender doesn't appear to be consistently displayed anywhere.
[/quote]
Wouldn't the image used for your avatar work?