Feature Track turns spent in all locations

Bale

Minion
It's sort of like a multi-fight - except it is a fight followed by a (0-turn) choice.?

It is a regular choice adventure which has a 0 turn option. If you don't chose the last option it costs a turn for the combat +1 turn for the choice adventure.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The bedroom noncombat takes 0 turns from most choices. One of the noncombats has a choice leading to another combat, and that one actually takes another turn. The option to just walk away from those noncombats probably shouldn't even exist any more...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
If you don't chose the last option it costs a turn for the combat +1 turn for the choice adventure.
That is false.

Code:
[68] The Haunted Bedroom
Encounter: animated rustic nightstand
Round 0: Veracity wins initiative!
Round 6: Veracity wins the fight!
Encounter: One Rustic Nightstand
Took choice 879/1: moxie
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=879&option=1
You gain 36 Chutzpah
You gain a Moxie point!

[69] The Haunted Bedroom
Encounter: animated mahogany nightstand
Round 0: Veracity wins initiative!
Round 6: Veracity wins the fight!
Encounter: One Mahogany Nightstand
Took choice 877/1: old coin purse or half a memo
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=877&option=1
You acquire an item: old coin purse

[70] The Haunted Bedroom

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, that was a bug in the initial rollout. The choice that leads to another combat will still eat up an extra turn, though. Which really means that the skip option is pretty useless now :p

edit: basically what lost said

Bale

Minion
I just tested that and the noncombats really do give free stats, coin purses and wallets. On the other hand, the fight with the jilted mistress does cost a turn.

I'm going to have to fix newLife immediately! This is huge! I've been skipping all that free meat and stats from the Bedroom early in my runs!!

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I think I can fix the Bedroom by updating the lastTurnUpdated value at the end of combat, and I'm pretty sure that won't break anything (I want to be in aftercore to test that out before making a change though).

I was wrong about this fixing anything. The charpane request that updates mafia's idea of how many turns have been played happens after the end-of-combat code runs, so updating lastTurnUpdated does nothing there.

It turns out that the choices that turns_spent counts as taking another turn are the ones that give stats or meat. Those, not surprisingly, are the ones where KoL requests a charpane reload.

Perhaps the end-of-fight code could set a CharPaneRequest boolean saying that a fight ended, and then a charpane refresh can update lastTurnUpdated, but that seems a bit messy. Or maybe the current CharPaneRequest code should go in processResults instead of setLastAdventure. I'll have to think about it some more.