Getting a Zlib error that I'm not sure how to fix

Orie

Hello all,

I recently started using KolMafia and scripts again. Back when I used it before, KM didn't support SVN, I didn't know anything about Zlib, and I had no problems running scripts.

Now when I try running the MacGuffin 2.0 script, and also just tried running Eat/Drink.ash, I get the following, consistent error.
Invalid field name 'water_level' (zlib.ash, line 644)
Anyone know what this error is and how to fix it? When Eat/Drink does run, what values do I enter when it asks for the best results? all I want is a script that'll eat the best food, drink the best drinks and max out my adventures without overdrinking. I've done that several times manually now. I've tried using the item manager to cook stuff, I cue stuff up but it tries to get stuff from clan stash.
So, if anyone can help that'd be great. MacGuffin I've done pretty much manually now so I don't need MacGuffin 2.0 until next time, which should be easier as it'll be my second time through the game. I really would like Eat/Drink.ash working though.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It means you need to update mafia, since you aren't even using 16.4. Mafia should have told you that you needed to update when 16.4 was released. If it didn't, that's a bug, and if it did, then ignoring that message is often going to cause this type of issue for you.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Perhaps that error message (and others) need to tell people that they might need a newer version of mafia, like the Function undefined message does.

Theraze

Regarding EatDrink, this is my normal alias for what I run for non-overdrinking:
alias eatdrink => ashq import <EatDrink.ash>; SIM_CONSUME=false; eatdrink(fullness_limit(), inebriety_limit(), spleen_limit(), false);

Basically, import EatDrink. We're going to really consume, so turn simulation off. Then, EatDrink to our fullness limit, inebriety limit, and spleen limit, without overdrinking. If you want to overdrink, you'd use an alias like this:
alias eatdrinkod => ashq import <EatDrink.ash>; SIM_CONSUME=false; eatdrink(fullness_limit(), inebriety_limit(), spleen_limit(), true);

Same exact thing except that it's set to overdrink at the end. :)

Orie

Hi,
Unfortunately I wasn't informed of a new version of Mafia. A new stable version, anyway. I know of the hourly builds but I usually don't bother with those.

Where can I see a hcangelog of what's new in 16.4?

Bale

Minion
A new stable version, anyway. I know of the hourly builds but I usually don't bother with those.

You really should. KoL changes a lot in a month and this program needs to change a lot to keep up with it.