Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: choice Relay Overrides

Default choice Relay Overrides

As the number of choice.php locations increases and grows and the game grows in complexity, I find myself writing more and more little scripts to tweak choice pages. And so does Bale.

It would be sweet to be able to have choice.###.ash relay scripts so we could release them to svn and not step on each other's toes.
    This is an expansion of the work done here.

It's been most of a year since this request was posted. In that time the usefulness of this potential feature has only increased. I'd like to be able to have my Rainy Fax Choice override and lostcalpolydude's deck of every card spoiler both, without having to put them into the same script. having to chain them together makes scripting support more difficult than I would like.

Right now my choice.ash override has four different purposes. It works for me, but the feature would be convenient since it would be a PITA to modify my old Rainy Fax filter for the new Tower to help other people who would want to download only the Rainy Fax script. I suppose I could separate them and have a master choice script that imports them all. Sigh. It would just be easier and tidier if this was implemented.

I suppose I could at least simplify the problem if I remove the Crimbot Factory filter remover and image stabilizer portion of that script since we can no longer adventure in the Crimbot Factory... That would bring my choice script down to only three purposes.
    Last edited by Bale; 07-08-2015 at 10:48 AM.

I am still excited about this possibility. I have a half-dozen useful overrides I have made for myself, that I have never released because they are all mashed together in one choice.ash script. Making this request so would solve issues with these.
    Thanks.

I did think back to this feature request when making my latest choice override. It still seems hard enough to implement that I'm not likely to tackle it any time soon.

So I'm working on some stuff, and I might be close to having this working (or it might not be close at all, I haven't made it to the point where there are results to see yet). Would anyone have a problem with masterRelayOverride scripts no longer being supported? I don't think anyone is actually using that feature, and I likely wouldn't support it for choice.php if I'm adding any of this functionality.

I believe that bumcheekcity's master override was split up into its components after the svn update functionality was added.

Yeah, mRO scripts were great 3 years ago, but I believe the people who requested it originally have figured out newer and better ways to do things with improved functionality.

In a similar request, would it be possible to make fight.php overrides depending on zone and/or monster ID? I've got an override for The Fun-Guy Mansion that analyzes the 'shroom and suggests combat strategies. And a different one for The Mansion of Dr. Weirdeaux (which mainly realigns Monster Manuel data for extremely high level monsters). Would be handy if they could somehow be kept in separate relay overrides.

My attempt at making this work got me nothing but a NPE, and I have my doubts about having actually accomplished anything, so I don't know if or when I'll actually have anything working.

In a similar request, would it be possible to make fight.php overrides depending on zone and/or monster ID?
    Originally Posted by PeKaJe View Post
    You don't necessarily know what those are (teleportitis [1], blindness).

[1] I am not sure if location in charpane gets updated during the fight, or after it - but it won't have been updated when the first combat page is processed. I think. Unless mafia requests it then.