You Can't Hit Anything There

Aramada

I have no idea why sometimes this message pops up, but when it does, it simply refuses to run turns in the area I've asked it to. I CAN hit things there, I can do it manually. (Normally, this is when I'm nickel farming at level 13/14, using a stun + pastalord). Yes, I will need to heal after just about every fight, and yes, I have the HP restore to fire at 90% health to make sure it does so. I have MP, I have Cocoon for healing...so why does it tell me that I can't hit anything there and refuse to run the turns? Any way I can override this? Thanks in advance!

~Aramada

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Rather than telling mafia to attack, tell it to use a CCS which is set to attack. Then mafia won't check to see if you can hit enemies.

Bale

Minion
I have no idea why sometimes this message pops up, but when it does, it simply refuses to run turns in the area I've asked it to. I CAN hit things there, I can do it manually. (Normally, this is when I'm nickel farming at level 13/14, using a stun + pastalord).

The message will only appear if you are telling mafia to "attack" for combat. If you change that to the spell you are using (Weapon of the Pastalord) then it should not happen. You say that it happens "sometimes." I suspect those times are the occasions when you forget to set up combat to use your spell.

Aramada

I have never, ever changed the Action pull down to Custom Combat Script in Mafia. I didn't even know I should. I've always just set my AutoAttack to whatever macro I wanted to use. Well now, this changes everything. Thank you so very much, both of you. Your knowledge is incredibly appreciated. Feel free to move this thread to wherever is appropriate.

~Aramada