"Bad location value:" Error. What does it mean?

ArlonCarol

I'm trying to run EliteofDelete's EoDSCAscension script from here: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?14814-EoD-Softcore-Ascension-Script&highlight=trapper
and I keep getting this error:

"Bad location value: "The Haunted Wine Cellar (automatic)" (EoDSCAscendFunctions.ash, line 4068)"

What does this mean?

I'm asking here instead of on his thread because I get this with several other scripts as well such as BumCheekAscend.ash and even with scripts I've tried to make myself and I have no idea what it means or what is causing it.
I assume I'm just doing something stupid but I'm tired and frustrated so I'm asking here. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

~ Arlon

Darzil

Developer
It means the script is trying to use a location that Mafia doesn't know about (because it was removed). The script will need updating. If it is trying to handle the old Haunted Wine Cellar it is probably trying to complete it in a pre revamp way that will no longer work

ArlonCarol

It means the script is trying to use a location that Mafia doesn't know about (because it was removed). The script will need updating. If it is trying to handle the old Haunted Wine Cellar it is probably trying to complete it in a pre revamp way that will no longer work

Yeah I figured that much but it happens with most of the locations I try to use in my scripts and it also gives tons of those "location" should be changed to "THE location" errors, not sure if they're related.

I know there can't be that many updated locations, it keeps happening. How recently was the Haunted Cellar changed?

Darzil

Developer
May 14th 2014.

The location should be changed messages are warnings only, and are because Mafia allows a scripter to be imprecise and still work, but would prefer them to be precise.

ArlonCarol

May 14th 2014.

The location should be changed messages are warnings only, and are because Mafia allows a scripter to be imprecise and still work, but would prefer them to be precise.

Hm ok. Thanks for the help.

How can I check what a certain location is called in Mafia so that I can fix it?

Darzil

Developer
You can scroll through them in the adventure pane, or just read the warning and use the suggestion it comes up with !

Theraze

To speak generally, the 'bad location value' means that the location no longer fuzzy matches ANY location in the game. This happens for locations that KoL has changed, like changing the majestic viking tomb (the barrow) into a muddy gopher hole (the burrow). Or going from having 4 haunted cellars to 1.