Simple Private Chat Loger

Des80

I have tried searching on here and used what others have said they used but can't seem to get it to work right.

Here is what I have down.

void main(string sender, string message, string channel)
{

print (sender + " Sent this " + message);

}

I have the chatbotscript set to the ash file as well.

The problem is that it logs all of the chat from clan chat but not from the Private messages or anywhere else for that matter. I am hoping Im just making a simple mistake and hope I can get it working. Thanks for any support.

Crowther

I don't see anything wrong with what you are doing and I use that setting for PMs and it works for me.

Des80

Then I really don't know whats wrong because its not collecting the Private messages at all just the ones posted in the clan it puts the persons name and what they say from the clan chat but if someone sends me a private message it doesn't register at all.

Winterbay

What KoL chat settings do you have at the moment? Do you use Mafia chat or the KoL-chat or both? Just throwing out things that could potentially have an impact :)

Des80

I normally have Mafia running and it loaded. I Use Kol Chat. As for the Chat settings they are the default settings I didn't change anything with the settings.

Des80

I tried using Kolmafia chat and it did the same thing. It will only take from my clan it wont take from the games channel the newbie channel which is weird and it still wont even recognize when I get a PM. What preferences do you have on Mafia for your chat if I may ask ?

Crowther

small fonts
yes, tabbed rather than multi
yes, shiny close
no, graphical CLI to tabbed
no, pop window for friends/who
no, relay browser when clicking
yes, add toolbar
no, merge clan channel
no, ignore events
yes, logs chats
no, send recent chats

Des80

Ok then I dont know what Im doing wrong because mine is exactly like that it wont recognize when someone sends me a private message at all and it will only print the clans messages. Thanks for the help though Crowther and Winterbay.