7499 Hot 'n' Scarys 112858401 box2.gif usable t,d 5
Hot 'n' Scarys Effect: "Sugar Rush", Effect Duration: 3
--------------------

--------------------
7710 candy UFOs 859892912 ufo.gif usable t 0
candy UFOs Effect: "Fizzier Than Light", Effect Duration: 10
--------------------
--------------------
1723 Fizzier Than Light bubbles.gif 74482efec742b4f5cf5280c2f121fa32 use 1 candy UFOs
Fizzier Than Light MP Regen Min: 1, MP Regen Max: 3
--------------------

Bale

Minion
Hot 'n' Scarys actually give Hot Breath (duration: 3 Adventures), Spooky Breath (duration: 3 Adventures) and Sugar Rush (duration: 3 Adventures).

We've got an outstanding feature request for mafia to understand that, right?

Darzil

Developer
Hot 'n' Scarys actually give Hot Breath (duration: 3 Adventures), Spooky Breath (duration: 3 Adventures) and Sugar Rush (duration: 3 Adventures).

We've got an outstanding feature request for mafia to understand that, right?
By understand that, what exactly do you mean?
I guess by the above we clearly don't parse multiple effects when looking at new items.
We can parse multiple effects from modifiers.txt, but only one duration.
I am not sure how maximizer handles multiple effects, I suspect it doesn't realise that the effects will always exist together. I'm not sure of the right solution here, as sometimes you might want to use many of an item, then remove one effect, if the two are contradictory, so situationally either maximizer considering the effects always together or always apart could be valid.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I don't know what you mean by "We can parse multiple effects from modifiers.txt, but only one duration". The Modifiers structure has one slot for each possible modifier. If you include the same modifier more than once, I would expect that at most one will get stored into the single slot. Therefore, I don't believe that we actually save all of the effects.

I see the following in modifiers.txt:

Code:
Hot 'n' Scarys	Effect: "Sugar Rush", Effect: "Hot Breath", Effect: "Spooky Breath", Effect Duration: 3
Let's see what ASH says about this.

> ash string_modifier( "Hot 'n' Scarys", "Modifiers" )

Returned: Effect: "Sugar Rush", Effect: "Hot Breath", Effect: "Spooky Breath", Effect Duration: 3

> ash string_modifier( "Hot 'n' Scarys", "Effect" )

Returned: Sugar Rush

> ash effect_modifier( "Hot 'n' Scarys", "Effect" )

Returned: Sugar Rush
default => use either 1 Angry Farmer candy, 1 Tasty Fun Good rice candy, 1 Crimbo candied pecan, Crimbo fudge, Crimbo peppermint bark, 1 Breath mint, 1 that gum you like
note =>
all => aggregate boolean [string]
**use 1 Angry Farmer candy => true
**use 1 Tasty Fun Good rice candy => true
**use 1 Crimbo candied pecan => true
**use Crimbo fudge => true
**use Crimbo peppermint bark => true
**use 1 Breath mint => true
**use 1 that gum you like => true
image => http://images.kingdomofloathing.com/itemimages/hoppedup.gif
descid => 83695b70e0470a36125feca3198a16b4
A-yup. The saved string from modifiers.txt is intact, but the value for the "Effect" modifier is the first effect. No surprise; we have no mechanism for saving a list or array or something of values for a single modifier.

That is presumably what Bale meant by a feature request. The issue is known, but none has been created...

Darzil

Developer
Maximizer suggests patchouli incense stick for both +mys and -moxie, but if you maximize for both, you'll get two entries in the maximizer list rather than one with the summation of both effects.

That is why I believed Mafia can read both. I guess that's actually just using the values from statuseffects.txt, where it appears twice.