Choice 882

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Encounter: Off the Rack
Unsupported choice adventure #882
choice 1: Take the towel (get towel)
choice 2: Leave the towel (skip)

Mafia, BBS or BCCA? I'd certainly like to support just getting the towel and continuing. Thanks.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Thank you. I didn't really think it was a lack of support in mafia but since neither BBS or BCCS set the obvious choice I figured I'd ask before pointing fingers.

Crowther

The default is set to zero (rightly, IMHO), so it will still abort automation unless you change it so 1 or 2.

Darzil

Developer
You're issue was that because it wasn't set in defaults.txt it was seen as unsupported. Had something else set it that wouldn't have appeared. Or you could have set it under choice adventures, which I think would have also worked. Now it's in defaults.txt it'll properly recognise it and put a choice in relay browser until you choose what you want (towel or skip).

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
So I set choiceAdventure882=1 manually. It just stopped and I see it is now set to 0. grep on relay and scripts directory turns up nothing that is using the text "882" to set/reset it.

Possibilities:
  • I am in error when I claim to have manually set it to 1.
  • Something that is not part of the KoLmafia ecosystem is clearing it (i.e. unsynched files via Dropbox).
  • BBS, BCCAscend or possibly newLife is setting or clearing it in error.

Obviously I will try and eliminate the first possibilities and then look for a specific problem in the latter.