Feature - Rejected Group together Facial Expressions on skills page

Terion

I was just looking at the skills page, in the relay browser, and noticed that my Flavour of Magic spells and my Pasta Thralls are grouped together in labeled sections.

Would it be reasonable to group Facial Expressions in the same way, as they are mutually exclusive in the same manner as the Flavours?

In a search for "facial", I came across http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?14097-Special-character-prefix-for-facial-expression-effects in case that helps at all.

The 12 Facial Expression skills are:

Snarl of the Timberwolf
Scowl of the Auk
Stiff Upper Lip
Patient Smile
Arched Eyebrow of the Archmage
Wizard Squint
Icy Glare
Wry Smile
Disco Leer
Disco Smirk
Suspicious Gaze
Knowing Smile

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I think that modifying the skills page like this is better suited to a Relay Script, like ckb's, than being built-in to KoLmafia itself.

I do think that on the Use Skills frame of the GUI, we should separate out Songs and Expressions from other Self-Only skills. In fact, you can filter on those types, but, for some reason, they ALSO appear in the Self Only list. I think that is unnecessary and undesirable; it clutters that list with up to 17 extra skills.

Revision 14332 does that.

Regarding your request, I will reject it. Use a Relay Script.

Terion

That's KoL, not mafia.

Ah, so it is. I don't often log into vanilla KoL, so I hadn't realized they had done that. I just figured it was a rejiggering done by Mafia, like adding the three sections of Inventory to the Function drop down. Always good to learn something new. Knowing that's not done by Mafia, I certainly understand V's decision.

And thanks for the script, ckb!