Determining if the Secret Tropical Island Volcano Lair is unlocked

Razorsoup

Is there a property or function that will tell me if the Secret Tropical Island Volcano Lair has been unlocked this ascension? I could do

Code:
if (!visit_url("volcanoisland.php").contains_text("There's no island out there.")) {
    //other code here
}

but that requires a server hit that I'd rather avoid. So is there a test that doesn't require a server hit?

Darzil

Developer
My gut feeling is not at present. Tracking for Nemesis quest is something I plan to look at soon(ish). I've ascended into Slow and Steady to give myself more time for Mafia.

Bale

Minion
Edit: Ninja'ed by Darzil. If tracking works, then the following (untested) code should be valid. I cribbed the step numbers from Ezandora's Guide script.

Code:
boolean volcano_unlock() {
   switch (get_property("questG04Nemesis")) {
   case "unstarted":
   case "started":
      return false;
   case "finished":
      return true;
[COLOR="#D3D3D3"]   case "step14":
      if(available_amount($item[secret tropical island volcano lair map]) > 0)
         use(1, $item[secret tropical island volcano lair map]);
      return true;[/COLOR]
   }
   return substring(get_property("questG04Nemesis"), 4).to_int() > 14;
}

Edit: Grayed out the lines that are incorrect.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Unfortunately it's only ever set to finished and started, as far as I can see. Definitely needs work !

Bale

Minion
The complexity of the code to determine it does imply that a simple property, volcanoUnlock, would be nice. Something to consider whenever you do that.

Razorsoup

The complexity of the code to determine it does imply that a simple property, volcanoUnlock, would be nice. Something to consider whenever you do that.
I would suggest going with something like "lastVolcanoUnlock" if you do indeed go that route. It seems to fit with the other similar properties that I've found.

Fluxxdog

I would suggest going with something like "lastVolcanoUnlock" if you do indeed go that route. It seems to fit with the other similar properties that I've found.
A lot of the unlocks were used to keep from having to check the map to see if something was opened this ascension, like White Citadel. Since many of these area open based on quests, we can check for quests steps instead. Using White Citadel as an example, once questG02Whitecastle is at step2, the Road to White Citadel is open until step6 when you've actually found the White Citadel.

On the same logic, if a simple quest prefences can be set, that can be used to see if the volcano is open.

PS: if my numbers are off on quests steps, I may be misunderstanding questlog.txt