charsheet.php - Group Skills by Character Class

Bale

Minion
hee-3, I commited your updates to this script onto svn. Even your indentation changes have been adopted.

Edit: Added you as an admin for the project. Feel free to update it in the future.

Last edited:

Lxndr

One oddity I've noticed recently is that "Hobopolis Skills" don't seem to get their own heading. They're being grouped under "Regnaissance Gnome" for me.

EDIT:

I figured out why.

Code:
	rep = rep + build_section(0028,0037, "Hobopolis", true);
	rep = rep + build_section(0042,0043, "");
	rep = rep + build_section(0038,0041, "");

I don't have any skill from 0028 to 0037.

I only have 0038 to 0041 (the third line).

Why this is three lines I'm not sure, as they are all contiguous numbers - I changed mine to just "0028,0043" and removed the latter two lines, and it seems to work out fine.

Actually, nevermind. I get why it's three lines. The bottom line just segregates the Hodgman Journals.

But still, that means that anyone who DOESN'T perm anything in the first section gets a confusing lack of section header.

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Hm, I suppose the proper way to fix this is to change build_section from taking a range to taking an actual list of skills. Looking into it.

Lxndr

Seems to be working fine now! Yay!

Now I guess it should be added to the SVN for those poor people who might not read this thread?

Bale

Minion
Heeheehee, you have permission to commit those changes now or else I'll do it tomorrow.

zarqon

I've always liked this script a great deal. I recently grew dissatisfied with the number of skills in the miscellaneous section and broke some of them out into their own subsections. Categories added include all the elemental airport zones under their own main heading, the Daily Dungeon skills, the Silent skills, and some of the Crimbos. Maybe some others, I don't recall what was originally there.

Another tweak I added is that for skills that can be upgraded (currently just four), it shows the current level of that skill, e.g. "Slimy Sinews (18/20)".

I haven't grabbed the script from this thread in quite a while so it looks like some of the other changes are not present in this version, but I figured it would be better to share than not. Perhaps someone is up to merging them. (Apologies in advance for not using tabs.) Enjoy!

Attachments

• charsheet.ash
    7.6 KB · Views: 52

Lxndr

I love this little script. It looks like someone's been updating it because my version sorts the pvp skills, including the most recent. But it's not showing Communism!

Can anyone point me to how to tweak it for myself until the person updates it?

Bale

Minion
I'll add that right now. Thanks for reminding me.

As for how to tweak it... Like any other svn script look in the svn directory, make your change there, then use "svn sync" to propagate the working copy to active.

Edit: I'll commit the fix to sourceForge once it is working again. (Stupid sourceForge!)
Edit2: Committed the change to sourceForge.

Last edited:

Lxndr

Any chance this could separate AWOL class skills by type? For some reason mine's showing Beanslinger (my current class) in its own folder, but my Cow Puncher and Snake Oiler skills are in the undifferentiated mass of "Class Independent".

Bale

Minion
Thank you for reporting that. I've fixed it now.

This path was weird since the path has three classes instead of only one. It bumped the current class to the top of the list, just as with other Avatar Paths, but then it didn't know what to do with the other strange class skills it was seeing.

Lxndr

Since I'm no good at updating scripts (but I'm getting better at it) - this needs a category for the Source skills.

Bale

Minion
Yep. I just ascended into the new path earlier today.

Does anyone know yet if the Source skills are permable or available in aftercore? That would make a difference in how I handle the content.

theo1001

I wanted to be able to see the skills on the profiles of others the same way this script shows mine so i modified it a bit.

Here it is if anyone else wants it.

Attachments

• showplayer.ash
    8.5 KB · Views: 95

Bale

Minion
Thanks in part to theo1001's work in the previous post I have added the showplayer relay override to this script. Yeah, it's been most of a year since that post, but I just didn't get around to looking at it for a really long time. :)

If you downloaded theo1001's showplayer.ash it will be over-written when you update this script, but the update will provide a notable improvement in functionality so don't fret about that. (If you have a showplayer relay that does something else, then I recommend saving it elsewhere and merging it with mine. Please let me know what it does! I'm curious.)

From now on when I categorize a new skill on your charsheet you'll see that automatically changed on other people's permed skill lists also.

Last edited: