Bug Global _underline preferences aren't initialized at first login

Theraze

How badly do you thing would clocks on different computers disagree?
My idea was simply: if it's been 12 hours since last login, then remind me.
I chose 12 hours (of unix time, I suppose) because
1) that's significantly less than the time I usually have between logins
2) it's short enough that it should trigger every day for me
3) it's long enough that it (mostly) wouldn't trigger on repeated logins (in case of crashes, switching characters, switching computers, ...)
4) it's many times more than the usual difference between computers' clocks (and if your computer's clock is several hours off, you have problems)
5) it's long enough that seconds or minutes of error won't really matter
6) it's long enough that I have probably already forgotten and need a reminder

"Set to today" is a much worse concept, in general. In this concrete, today=kol-today, so handle it like (or even with) a daily _property?

I generally run mafia about 15 minutes before and after rollover. Because when it aborts a few times during the day, and AoSP runs consistently have 200+ adventures to run, it takes a few hours to run through the adventures, so I'm usually trying to rush out the last few adventures RIGHT before rollover. I usually fail to get through enough and lose 60-100 turns on at least one character. It happens.

But that means that waiting 12 hours is useless. The notification would only happen randomly when I launch things at work, and is likely to NEVER actually trigger because there's never more than 12 hours since the last login, since I'll start up a character just before going to sleep and another when I wake up, and if possible try to get one or two running during work breaks... gotta love tunneling RDP.

xKiv

But that means that waiting 12 hours is useless. The notification would only happen randomly when I launch things at work, and is likely to NEVER actually trigger because there's never more than 12 hours since the last login, since I'll start up a character just before going to sleep and another when I wake up, and if possible try to get one or two running during work breaks... gotta love tunneling RDP.

Huh. That means (one of?) two things.
a) here's where "(not) set to today" comes in - you get a notification after rollover, because it's a new day (assuming that daily _properties get reset early enough)
2) amend "since last login" to "since announcement popup was last displayed", so you really get to see it at least once per day, no matter how often you login
iii) also, if an announcement gets added during the day, you should get to see it on your before-rollover login.

Theraze

It currently means that I see it once or twice per day, on my second, third, or fourth logins. Sometimes both of the simultaneous running copies of mafia display it, sometimes it only displays once. As such, it may display on the second login, it may display on the third and fourth as they are the 'second' sessions for each of the two running processes, it might display... who knows when.

Considering it to be a new day if it's been over 12 hours since the last login just means that on an average week, I might have 2-4 'new days' with more than 12 hours without a new login. Maybe.