WTF Relay script collection

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I have (finally) migrated to SVN, so I am updtaing all my WTF relay scripts here.
These WTF spoilerz scripts add helper descriptions to a variety of useful places.

Skills WTF
Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/relaywtf/code/skillswtf/

Creates a sorted, clickable, informative table of available skills
Skills are color coded to help distinguish types. Active effects from skills are highlighted.

The driver here is that I found myself going to the skills page to buff up and forgetting what each skill does and which skills I had already cast and which ones were single effect only (songs and expressions).
This should make that more clear and more easy.

Thanks to Bale and ChIT for inspiration.

Familiars WTF
Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/relaywtf/code/famswtf/

I have a lot of familiars. And the list is growing. And I can't keep track of what they all do. WTF? How am I supposed to remember exactly how 100+ vaguely named creatures perform? I cannot.
I know the hipster does lots of stuff and gives free fights... and so does the goth kid. But the goth kid is really a fairy right? No, its a volleyball. Or a leprechaun... I don't remember.
I could look this up on the wiki over and over. And I used to. Then I wrote this relay script to tell me.

A note: I do not have every familiar, and I did not do 100% checking, so there may be a mistake or two. I will gladly take feedback or donations to my terrarium for debugging.

VIP lounge WTF
Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/relaywtf/code/vipwtf/

Hot dogs from the VIP lounge are totally sweet. Awesome food, great in HC, and they give some totally sweet effects, and I don't remember what any of these do. clicking the dog will open up an info box, which has a link to the effect, which will give its description.
Or shortcut that process, and use this script to tell you what each does.
Now updated to also handle Speakeasy drinks!

Shops WTF
Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/relaywtf/code/shopwtf/

Shops will override all SHOPS and STORES:
Anything that hits store.php or shop.php will be infused with WTF power!
It adds current available quantity via available_amount() to the item as well pretty modifier descriptions. This includes coloring for quality for food/booze.
If the item is a quest item, it will be highlighted yellow. If the item is a quest item AND you have more than 1, it will remove the MAKE or BUY button.

Inventory WTF
Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/relaywtf/code/inventorywtf/

Updates your inventory page with WTF-style descriptions for items and effects. This is a modified version of rlbond86's Enhanced Inventory Spoilers, which is a modified version on my original Inventory SPOILERZ relay override script. It will display information about the items in your inventory below their name.
This script uses the same basic WTF code as the others, so you get standardized colors and fonts and look and feel.

WTF WTF

A note for scripters: the basic wtf.ash and wtf.css include a number of functions to pull modifiers from items and effects, look them all up, parse them, and decorate them with html/css to make them pretty, and return a nice string. Feel free to use this in your own script. Ask questions in this thread and I will try and include more details on the how-to.

History
now all on svn

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

These scripts are appreciated and very helpful but when I checked out Skills WTF and for some reason it put the skills.ash script in the scripts directory instead of the relay directory. Manually moved the file and it worked. Here's the gCLI output:

Code:
> svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/relaywtf/code/skillswtf/

Starting Checkout...
Validating repo...
Repo validated.
F:\software\Kol\svn\relaywtf-skillswtf
A https://svn.code.sf.net/p/relaywtf/code/skillswtf/dependencies.txt
A https://svn.code.sf.net/p/relaywtf/code/skillswtf/relay
A https://svn.code.sf.net/p/relaywtf/code/skillswtf/relay/skills.ash
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/relaywtf/code/skillswtf
At revision 8

Successfully checked out working copy.
Pushing local updates...
skills.ash => F:\software\Kol\scripts\skills.ash
Done.
Installing 1 new dependency.
Starting Checkout...
Validating repo...
Repo validated.
F:\software\Kol\svn\relaywtf-wtf
A https://svn.code.sf.net/p/relaywtf/code/wtf/relay
A https://svn.code.sf.net/p/relaywtf/code/wtf/relay/wtf.css
A https://svn.code.sf.net/p/relaywtf/code/wtf/relay/wtf.ash
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/relaywtf/code/wtf
At revision 8

Successfully checked out working copy.
Pushing local updates...
wtf.ash => F:\software\Kol\relay\wtf.ash
wtf.css => F:\software\Kol\relay\wtf.css
Done.
Requests complete.

Familiars WTF and VIP Hot Dogs WTF installed correctly.

Last edited:

ereinion

I checked out you familiars-script, it is awesome - thanks a ton, now I might actually start to use some of my lesser used familiars :)

Magus_Prime

It looks like you already had skills.ash from some other script.

There was a skills.ash in the script directory but there was also a skills.ash in the relay directory, from the non-svn version of the WTF Skills script. I removed the copy from the relay directory before installing the SVN version but had forgotten about the other skills.ash in the script directory.

Does this qualify as a bug in the SVN handling or is it a case of "don't do that"?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
There was a skills.ash in the script directory but there was also a skills.ash in the relay directory, from the non-svn version of the WTF Skills script. I removed the copy from the relay directory before installing the SVN version but had forgotten about the other skills.ash in the script directory.

Does this qualify as a bug in the SVN handling or is it a case of "don't do that"?

It's intentional behavior that allows you to pick which folder those files go in, different from what the script writer decided. So "don't do that" is the case here.

Bale

Minion
Curiously, if you had left script.ash in the /relay directory it would have overwritten that copy and you'd never have noticed a problem.

mellissaleo

I have installed and been using and enjoying your scripts for a while now, especially the Familiars WTF before the familiar filters became a thing.
However, the Skills WTF didn't work the first time I was installing your scripts, and not knowing how awesome it really is, I didn't make an extra effort to make it to work. Now, having seen a screen shot in the Iconic skill menu thread in the KoL forums, I definitely know I want it.
But I'm failing miserably in getting to work.
I deleted all instances of skills.ash in my Mafia folder and did the svn checkout. That puts the skill.ash into \svn\relaywtf-skillswtf\relay. Reloaded the relay browser. Doesn't work. Cut/Paste skills.ash and put it into \relay, reload, nothing. Cut/paste into \scripts, reload, nothing.

At this point I'm thinking some other relay script is interfering with skills.ash, so I cut and paste the relay folder to a different drive. Delete all instances of skills.ash. Start mafia again, it creates the relay folder with the basis. I do the svn checkout. Again, skills.ash is put only in the \svn\relaywtf-skillswtf\relay. Reload, nothing. Cut/Paste skills.ash to \relay, reload, and I finally get an error message in the CLI. Whee! ''wtf.ash could not be found (skills.ash, line 16)'' Do a search for wtf.ash, i have it in \svn\relaywtf-wtf. Hm, copy/paste along with wtf.css to \relay, reload, nothing. Absolutely nothing. Copy/paste wtf.ash, wtf.css and skills.ash back to \svn\relaywtf-skillswtf\relay, reload, I get the same error again ''wtf.ash could not be found (skills.ash, line 16)''. But at this point I have wtf.ash at three locations: \relay, \svn\relaywtf-skillswtf\relay and \svn\relaywtf-wtf. And skills.ash at two of those locations.

At this point I'm all WTF!?
I'm stubborn, so I decide to create vanilla mafia (if that expression makes sense). I create a new folder on a different drive, copy the kolmafia jar file into it., start it. Do the svn checkout only for Skills WTF, and lo and behold it is working! And it is glorious!

But, but, but, what could possibly be interfering with a relay skill, that wouldn't be in the relay folder? How do I make this awesome script work in my mafia folder, where all my settings and other scripts are? Or alternatively, how do I migrate all my settings?

It is maybe worth noting that svn checkout in this vanilla mafia put skills.ash and wtf.ash into the \relay folder of its own accord, while it wasn't doing that while mafia was in my original folder. Which doesn't make any sense , since it is the same .jar file in both folders.
I'm not a coder, so I'm at a complete and utter loss here. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the wrap thingy, so my Mafia is always updated to the latest daily build, since that is always worth mentioning.

I'm really sorry this ended up being a wall of text.
And thank you, for making and sharing all these nice scripts :)

Bale

Minion
The problem is probably that you have skills.ash in your /scripts menu. If it is there it will cause trouble. It is not supposed to be there.

Make sure that there is no file called skills.ash in /scripts or any subfolder of /scripts. Make sure that there is no file by that name in your base KoL directory either.

Then copy/paste the following two lines into the CLI. One line at a time.

Code:
svn delete skillswtf

svn checkout [PLAIN]https://svn.code.sf.net/p/relaywtf/code/skillswtf/[/PLAIN]

If this still doesn't work, then copy skills.ash, wtf.css and wtf.ash into the /relay directory.

Last edited:

mellissaleo

Bale, thank you kindly for the answer.

I did a search for skills.ash in my mafia folder, and after that went manually from subfolder to subforlder and I have verified that an instance of skills.ash doesn't exist in my /scripts folder.
I copy/pasted both those line, one at a time, and the checkout did put skills.ash into the /relay folder, which is good.
However, the script is still not working.

Since you indicated that something in the /scripts folder could be interfering, I moved it to a different drive, moved the /relay folder as well, and did the uninstall and checkout comands again. Nothing.
Finall thing I did is to copy both the /scripts and the /relay folders as they are to the vanilla mafia folder I made. Oddly enough, skills.ash works when i fire up mafia from there.
So, it is not something from the /scripts folder that is causing the problem, but something else in my mafia folder.

Sigh. I guess the only thing left to do is to go and move one thing at a time from my original mafia folder and to the vanilla mafia folder untill I find the culprit.

I'm sorry to have bothered you with someting that seems to not be a logical coding problem, but is apparently coused by the clutter acumulated in my mafia folder after years of playing.

Bale

Minion
I can think of another possible problem. A master relay override will prevent any relay scripts from working. You can test for it with the following line:

Code:
get masterRelayOverride

If this returns a value, then you need to clear it with this:

Code:
get masterRelayOverride =

Ethelred

I can think of another possible problem. A master relay override will prevent any relay scripts from working. You can test for it with the following line:

Code:
get masterRelayOverride

If this returns a value, then you need to clear it with this:

Code:
get masterRelayOverride =

Should the second code snippet be:

Code:
set masterRelayOverride =

instead of "get"?

Last edited:

Theraze

> get recoveryScript

Universal_recovery

> set recoveryScript

Universal_recovery
get preference [ = value ] - show/change preference settings
set preference [ = value ] - show/change preference settings
It's the same command. It works just like using 'set' in DOS to show you environmental variables and not actually set them.

Bale

Minion
My instructions work, but obviously I should have used the word "set" instead of "get" for reasons of aesthetics and clarity. The two commands are identical in their function. I just hope we haven't confused mellissaleo with this digression.

mellissaleo, did that work for you?

Ethelred

My instructions work, but obviously I should have used the word "set" instead of "get" for reasons of aesthetics and clarity. The two commands are identical in their function. I just hope we haven't confused mellissaleo with this digression.

Well, I learned something today and I'm sorry for derailing the thread over unnecessary pedantics.

mellissaleo

Bale, thank you very much for caring.
Unfortunately, that didn't work.
get masterRelayOverride didn't return any value, but I still did the set/get masterRelayOverride = . No change.
I didn't have time to thinker around with figuring out what exact file in my mafia folder migh be to blame, so I didn't want to post with just a 'No' and no further info.

I will attempt to solve** this, when I have some time, and if I figure something out, I will let you know.

**and by 'solve this' i mean move files from my mafia folder untill it works. not actually figure it out code-wise.

Theraze

As a quick check, try moving your settings\mellissaleo_prefs.txt file out of the whole mafia area and see if that fixes it. If it does, then the problem is one of your settings. If it doesn't, then the problem is one of your specific files.

mellissaleo

Thank you for the suggestion Theraze.
That didn't help.
However, I finally found the time to tinker around with it, and you were very close. The culprit file was GLOBAL_prefs.txt.
So, I compared my GLOBAL_prefs.txt with one from the vanilla Mafia folder using notepad++ compare option and cut it down a bit (I deleted stuff I was positive have nothing to do with relay scripts, like autoSatisfy, getBreakfast, preferredWebBrowser, login/logoutScript and similar).
This is the result.
Code:
addStatusBarToFrames=true
allowSocketTimeout=true
alwaysGetBreakfast=true
coinMasterIndex=11
createHackerSummons=true
defaultDropdown2=7
defaultDropdownSplit=-1
defaultLimit=50
defaultLoginServer=1
eSoluScriptType=0
headerStates=Usable|item name\:0|autosell\:1|quantity\:2|mallprice\:-1|power\:-1|fill\:-1|adv/fill\:-1;Restores|item name\:0|autosell\:4|quantity\:1|mallprice\:5|HP restore\:2|MP restore\:3;General|item name\:0|autosell\:2|quantity\:1|mallprice\:3|power\:-1|fill\:-1|adv/fill\:4;Recent|item name\:0|autosell\:1|quantity\:2|mallprice\:-1|power\:-1|fill\:-1|adv/fill\:-1;Closet|item name\:0|autosell\:1|quantity\:2|mallprice\:3|power\:-1|fill\:-1|adv/fill\:-1;Storage|item name\:0|autosell\:1|quantity\:2|mallprice\:3|power\:-1|fill\:4|adv/fill\:5;Free Pulls|item name\:0|autosell\:1|quantity\:2|mallprice\:-1|power\:-1|fill\:-1|adv/fill\:-1;No Pull|item name\:0|autosell\:1|quantity\:2|mallprice\:-1|power\:-1|fill\:-1|adv/fill\:-1;Creatable|item name\:0|autosell\:1|quantity\:2|mallprice\:-1|fill\:-1|adv/fill\:-1|level req\:-1;Cookable|item name\:0|autosell\:1|quantity\:2|mallprice\:-1|fill\:-1|adv/fill\:-1|level req\:-1;Mixable|item name\:0|autosell\:1|quantity\:2|mallprice\:-1|fill\:3|adv/fill\:4|level req\:-1;Fine Tuning|not implemented\:0;Equipment|item name\:0|power\:1|quantity\:2|mallprice\:-1|autosell\:-1;Storage |item name\:0|autosell\:1|quantity\:2|mallprice\:-1|power\:-1|fill\:-1|adv/fill\:-1;Create|item name\:0|autosell\:1|quantity\:2|mallprice\:-1|fill\:-1|adv/fill\:-1|level req\:-1;
itemManagerIndex=6
lastBuffRequestType=3
lastGlobalCounterDay=11
lastImageCacheClear=1380094134809
lastRelayUpdate=KoLmafia v16.3 r14150
lastRssVersion=KoLmafia v15.9
logStatusOnLogin=true
loginRecoverySoftcore=false
lucreCoreLeaderboard=false
macroLens=true
mementoListActive=true
mergeHobopolisChat=true
previousUpdateRevision=14150
readManualSoftcore=false
relayAddsDiscoHelper=true
relayAddsKoLSimulator=false
relayAddsRoundNumber=false
relayAllowsOverrides=true
relayFormatsChatText=true
relayHidesJunkMallItems=true
relayMaintainsEffects=true
relayMaintainsHealth=true
relayMaintainsMana=true
relayTrimsZapList=true
relayUsesCachedImages=false
relayViewsCustomItems=false
removeMalignantEffects=true
scriptButtonPosition=1
statusDropdown=7
useChatMonitor=false
useCrimboToysHardcore=true
useSeparateChannels=true
useSystemTrayIcon=true

For some/most of these I don't know what they are for and what they mean. Maybe somebody will have an idea?
If not, I might consider changing one setting at a time. Or I'll just move on and leave some of my settings to the recycle bin and just start (semi)anew.

Another note, I failed to find masterRelayOverride in Global_prefs.txt and in mellissaleo_prefs.txt. Is it supposed to be stored somewhere else? Or it doesn't show it it doesn't have a value?
I presume my questions are silly, but a coder is not me :) But from all this I learned how to migrate all my settings at least :) (one of the silly questions from my first post in this thread)

Thank you to everybody who made an effort ot help me :)