Bug - Fixed r14078 incorrectly believes I can't adventure at A-Boo Peak

Theraze

> adventure a boo peak

That area is not available.

[535] A-Boo Peak
Encounter: Whatsian Commando Ghost
Round 0: Theraze wins initiative!
Round 4: Theraze attacks!
Round 5: whatsian commando ghost takes 17 damage.
Round 5: Theraze wins the fight!
You acquire an item: A-Boo clue
You acquire an item: T.U.R.D.S. Key
You gain 29 Meat.
You gain 3 Strengthliness
You gain 6 Mysteriousness
You gain 24 Chutzpah
You gain a Moxie point!

> adventure a boo peak

That area is not available.
I snipped the BBB and WHAM messages, but this shows that currently mafia won't let me auto-adventure at A-Boo Peak, despite being able to do it manually. I already fully closed and restarted mafia, visited the Lord again in the relay browser, and it's still not working.

Theraze

> pref topping

questL09Topping (user, now 'started', default unstarted)
I think KoL itself is doing some reshuffle as well, since the top floor of the manor re-locked itself and I needed to talk to Lady Spookyraven manually to unlock it again after I'd already completed getting one of the two objects for the quest.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I think KoL itself is doing some reshuffle as well, since the top floor of the manor re-locked itself and I needed to talk to Lady Spookyraven manually to unlock it again after I'd already completed getting one of the two objects for the quest.

I'm pretty sure that the spookyraven stuff was a one-time bit of weirdness and has nothing to do with the chasm. My guess is that something is off in 14077.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It's a check for the zone being "Highlands", so the surprise there is that you can adventure in Twin Peak fine.

Darzil

Developer

What does your quest text say? Did you complete the orc chasm this session? questL09Topping should be step1 if you've bridged the chasm.

I think this is a result of the significant amount of quest text/check updates I've been doing. Which reminds me, I should add some sanity checks to the Highland zones and other zones to unlock things if they are available.

Darzil

Developer
r14081 should fix this, it was a stupid error. Visiting the quest page should also have fixed it.

Theraze

Unfortunately no... still doesn't work in r14081, and visiting the quest page doesn't unlock it either.

Theraze

Since apparently the quest page is wrong, since it was believed that should have set it to step 2:
There Can Be Only One Topping
The Highland Lord wants you to light three signal fires:
* A-boo Peak
* Twin Peak
* Oil Peak
HTML:
<b>Council Quests:</b><blockquote><b>There Can Be Only One Topping</b><br> The <a class=nounder target=mainpane href=place.php?whichplace=highlands><b>Highland Lord</b></a> wants you to light three signal fires:<br>   * A-boo Peak<br>   * Twin Peak<br>   * Oil Peak<p><b>The Rain on the Plains is Mainly Garbage</b><br>

Theraze

The r14081 also fixed going to step2 when you first visit the Lord. But Darzil said in post 7 that visiting the quest log should have fixed it, which it didn't. Which means that there's still a bug there.

Darzil

Developer
Looks like the text was still wrong, I guess I didn't update that bit with the new quest log text for step2. r14082.

I'm sure we'll find a few of these things, as I'm adding them whilst slowing ascending on an alt, but not then checking with another alt, nor checking all the potential places to log out and in and break things!