and change the following:

4 clownosity
7 raveosity

to

4 clownosity, -tie
7 raveosity, -tie

Thanks!

Theraze

I thought those entries automatically did the -tie? Was that only adventures that automatically does -tie?

Fluxxdog

5 surgeonosity isn't needed though. You need at least one to get in to the fight, but 5 is the max you can get. It'd be simpler to maximize surgeonosity instead of a specific number.

5 surgeonosity isn't needed though. You need at least one to get in to the fight, but 5 is the max you can get. It'd be simpler to maximize surgeonosity instead of a specific number.

So the nice thing about specifiying 5 Surgeonosity is that it will recommend any equipment that you have. The more equipment, the more likely the occurrence.
Occording to the wiki "Each item increases the likelihood by 10%" (of the You M.D. non-combat)

Last edited:

Theraze

Isn't surgeonosity like the other mentioned items, in that asking to maximize surgeonosity gives an implicit maximize 1 surgeonosity, and it will only try to equip one surgeonosity item?

Isn't surgeonosity like the other mentioned items, in that asking to maximize surgeonosity gives an implicit maximize 1 surgeonosity, and it will only try to equip one surgeonosity item?

Yes, without "5 Surgeonosity, -tie" it will only look for one item. I don't think this is desirable.

Darzil

Developer
For some bizarre reason (probably that I've just woken up) I can't find the place where the list is stored/generated.

Am also thinking that surgeonosity should be treated like a normal number, rather than like clownosity/raveosity, as less than a full set is useful.

Edit - Have got a patch that works as just "surgeonosity", but I'm not going to put it live til I know where the list is generated, as it'll be just "surgeonosity" rather than the current "5 surgeonosity".

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Have a working patch, but Subversion playing up for me this morning. Will patch it in when I can.

r14055

Last edited:

Theraze

Does the change to the maximizer mean that you can no longer guarantee 5 surgeonosity if you are also including elemental damage or something similar? We used to be able to guarantee that if we did maximize 5 surgeonosity, -tie first and had the components for 5 surgeonosity, that a maximize 100 elemental damage, 5 surgeonosity, -tie would only add elemental damage if it wouldn't damage our surgeonosity... if surgeonosity is now a 'normal' modifier, then the 5 surgeonosity from the prior example is worth 1/20th of a point of elemental damage and is no longer required...

That seems like a major step backwards.

Darzil

Developer
Does the change to the maximizer mean that you can no longer guarantee 5 surgeonosity if you are also including elemental damage or something similar? We used to be able to guarantee that if we did maximize 5 surgeonosity, -tie first and had the components for 5 surgeonosity, that a maximize 100 elemental damage, 5 surgeonosity, -tie would only add elemental damage if it wouldn't damage our surgeonosity... if surgeonosity is now a 'normal' modifier, then the 5 surgeonosity from the prior example is worth 1/20th of a point of elemental damage and is no longer required...

That seems like a major step backwards.

Well, 5 surgeonosity, unless you're using 5 pulls in softcore, is pointless, as each piece increases your chance, so you should always use as much as possible. Personally I'd use "surgeonosity, 0.01 elemental damage" for what you want, or something like that. You can encounter the spirit with only one piece (it's probably 10% per piece chance, but I don't think it's been spaded).

Theraze

If you're doing something like the buMax in BCA, or my own mymax alias that functions as a custom tiebreaker though, that means that we now need to do buMax 10000 surgeonosity, 100 elemental damage, whereas before we could just do 5 surgeonosity, 100 elemental damage. Or now we have to do maximize surgeonosity, 5 min, -tie and follow it up with another maximization of surgeonsity, 5 min, <whatever else>.

Oh well. Guess we just need to maximize more times now to get the same results we could guarantee with a single attempt before.

Darzil

Developer
But didn't 5 surgeonosity when you didn't have 5 pieces fail before, rather than suggesting a partial match? And why would you wait til you had 5 pieces?

Edit - basically, we've come in line with every other case where more = better, rather than following only a set = better, which wasn't true. (Though I thought it was on day one of the Hidden City, when I coded it in like that, after getting the fight first turn after I wore 5 pieces)

Last edited: