New Content - Implemented Mafia doesn't recognize clover or semirare adventure in the Zeppelin Mob

I was clovering in the Zeppelin Mob and mafia did not know the clovers were consumed. It kept giving me the "you are about to adventure with a ten-leaf clover" warning long after they were gone. Refreshing session fixed it.

Mafia doesn't know about the semi-rare in the Zeppelin Mob.

I got the semi-rare in the zeppelin mob but "counters" still says my last SR was getting an inhaler in the castle.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Additionally, experimentation shows that KoL doesn't give you a message about "your clover disappears in a puff of smoke" or whatever, like it does every single other time it takes away a clover. I noticed that it takes away the clover if you choose an "I don't want to do that" option for a choice. Were there to be a "you use a clover" message, it should obviously go on the top-level choice.

If you have a ten-leaf clover in inventory and get the adventure on your semirare counter, I wonder if it takes the clover anyway?

The "proper" implementation in KoL (in my opinion) would behave like this:

- If you encounter the choice via using a clover, it immediately gives you a "you used a clover" message.
- If you encounter the choice via a semirare, it doesn't give you such a message.
- Which implies, that if you encounter the choice via a semirare and happen to have a clover in inventory, it won't use it.

In the absence of such behavior, we will need to depend on heuristics to decide whether to reset the semi rare counter and/or remove a clover.

Crowther

Additionally, experimentation shows that KoL doesn't give you a message about "your clover disappears in a puff of smoke" or whatever, like it does every single other time it takes away a clover.
Because of the Twitch event, I now know that Jick has to manually enter that phrase into the description of every adventure using a clover.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Based on this wiki page (which I do trust, considering how much community review there was for it), the clover version should be triggered if you have a clover in your inventory on your semirare turn.