Bug - Cannot Reproduce S&S skill restrictions in HCNP r14021

harumph

i'm using r14021 and I can't cast holiday weight gain, curiosity of the terrapin and even summon crimbo candy. if i log into vanilla coil there is no problem. I am in HCNP. and ascended in HCNP. I think the trendy-like S&S restrictions were set in all types?

xKiv

IIUIC, the restrictions are only supposed to be in effect during ascensions that are in the currently active challenge path.
HCNP is not a challenge path -> not restricted.
Bees/boris/pete/jarls/zombie/fist/kolhs/classy/... are not currently active -> not restricted.

I don't know what happens (or is supposed to happen)
- when ronin ends
- in a run that started when the path was current, but lasted past the end of season

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Mafia looks for "type69" on your charsheet to know if the restrictions apply, so it doesn't have to keep track of whether it's the right path or anything like that. I should probably make it search for a longer string, but you don't have that there anyway I have no idea what might be causing this.

harumph

I tried restarting mafia and it's the same.

I can select it from the pull dowwn list of skills and actually press the button to cast it,but then it will return "you don't have that skill"

the same happens when i cast via chat command. the chat pane would say "casted ______" or something which would supposedly indicate that it has worked. but on the main pane it will say "you don't have that skill". really wierd.

I did ascend from aftercore, and from a S&S path. but I had a couple of days in outside S&S already.

anyway no biggie. thanks! :) jsut reporting.

xKiv

the same happens when i cast via chat command. the chat pane would say "casted ______" or something which would supposedly indicate that it has worked. but on the main pane it will say "you don't have that skill". really wierd.

Is it possible that casting those skills changed to require something in the URL, and mafia doesn't pass that?
Probably not, I can cast HWG/SCC (in aftercore) no problem (not pulling a totem for curiosity right now, but I cast it two days ago).

Is this right after fresh mafia start? Longer session? Logout+login (as different character) without complete exit?

It might make sense to make a debug log with this happening
(in cli:
Code:
debug on
cast holiday weight gain
# and/or cast it in relay
debug off
then find the generated DEBUG_201405##.txt file
... not sure if you should remove all values of pwd found in that file, those are only valid until you log out, right?
)
For the record, I have this when casting from CLI:
Code:
Requesting: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/skills.php?action=Skillz.&whichskill=1024&quantity=1
and this when casting from chat:
Code:
Requesting: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/skills.php?whichskill=1024&quantity=1&ajax=1&action=Skillz&ref=1&targetplayer=1718146&pwd&_=1401180338985
(both worked)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member

That sounds like a KoL issue rather than a mafia issue.

Crowther

I had the same problem the first day of my BIG! run after ascending from a few days aftercore post S&S. It looked like a KoL bug, but I never bothered to try without mafia. The next day, my missing skills were back. The only skill I really missed was unaccompanied miner, but it wasn't a speed run so whatever.

Theraze

Confirmation would be good, but if it also applied to chat commands, and we don't hijack those commands to run our own, then yes, it would be a vanilla KoL bug. :)