New Content - Implemented Slow and Steady

Crowther

I couldn't find a thread for the new seasonal challenge path. I'm sure everyone is pretty busy more pressing updates.
> maximize equip buddy bjorn;

Maximizing...
66 combinations checked, best score 0.00
Kicking CHA-BEZEVEHO HOZEVE KUZGA the El Vibrato Megadrone out of the bjorn...
Carrying Davenport the Mini-Hipster in the Bjorn Buddy...
Familiar request unsuccessful.
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.
It seems the maximizer is trying to equip familiars into my bjorn buddy that are not allowed. They listed separately and grayed out on the familiar page.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Trendy has a page - typeii.php - that we parse to see what is and is not allowed in that path.
I wonder is there is a similar page for this path yet?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The URL is visible on the profile of anyone in the path. An easy-to-remember person for now is CDMoyer. The URL, which needs to be sent using GET, is type69.php?date=2012-01-01. The date parameter is going to make it more complicated to handle than checking trendiness; the winter paths mean that simply checking the current year and adjusting from there doesn't quite work, and the limitation stops applying to a path as soon as it isn't current.

Bale

Minion
Crowther, please check api.php?what=status&for=test and tell us the values for path and pathname.

Crowther

Some minor things are turns from food and booze showing up in the item manager and warnings and autocasting of ode, etc.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
When you are actually in a path with restricted item/etc usage, you can just load type69.php to see what is restricted based on the correct date. I expect the next step is to add a new Request class like TrendyRequest, and have similar handling. Stuff on the list isn't just comma-separated this time (there are <span> tags around each thing), so items with commas in the name can be properly parsed.

Crowther

Stuff on the list isn't just comma-separated this time (there are <span> tags around each thing), so items with commas in the name can be properly parsed.
That will work until Jick decides to put <span> in the name of an item. Come on, you know it could happen.

Another thing that might be handy for slow and steady is sorting food and booze by stat gain rather than adv count. So right now you can click "+mus only", "+mys only", "+mox only", and "per drunk", "per full", and "by room". Maybe unclicking "per drunk", etc. should do a sort by the stat that is checked off, and maybe remove the "only" part?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I plan to make everything there display 0 adv in the path, and then mainstat-giving items will be at the top automatically by default.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Is there any reason to not make have_familiar() return false for off-limits familiars? That's how it already works for avatar paths.

Crowther

Zero adventures from food, booze and spleen is working right. The item manager now sorts on mainstat gain. Familiars are still a problem. Boy is this path crazy slow. I don't plan to do a second run. It's like oxy, without most of my toys. At least I'm doing softcore, so I can pull and eat pies to skip quests.

Bale

Minion
It's like Oxy, but with the ability to eat fortune cookies and cups of lukewarm tea. That was some very useful MP regen on day one. It's kinda interesting. And I actually enjoy the strangely gentle pace as a nice change.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I noticed that too, but I haven't started looking into it yet. I suspect it would also show up in HC with "switch blockedfamiliar".