Unknown browser bug

Apparently launching the browser through mafia only brings up a white screen with thin black line in the middle. Mafia restart, browser restart and even a computer restart have failed to resolve the problem even for a short time. Haven't been able to pin point what is going on and my Ninicorn (fellow KOL player) has no idea either (he is a Windows/Linux user, not a Mac techie).

MacOSX 10.9
Java v7u51

Vanilla is working fine though but damn do I hate vanilla!

Last edited:
Ok, somewhat of an accidental patch... I accidentally logged in through mafia and went into the browser and it was normal, only I had 2 mafia sessions running at once. So now when I log on through wrapx everything happens as normal but when I launch the browser I get the white screen and the thin black line. I leave that open and open a second warpx and log in and open it in the browser and everything is back to normal. Then I can close out the first one and play as I normally would. The only issue is I have to launch and run 2 sessions at the beginning of every log in. Seems like there is something going on here. I was in chat when this started, no hands were on the keyboard or mouse at the time I was playing with my phone and watching /T and then it looked like it minimized in a weird way inside the browser and then it did it again and then I had what I have now. I can shoot a video of it if it will help.

Nope :( Just gave that a shot and got the same result. I have no idea what happened/what I did but I'll post up anything if I figure something out :)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
What happens if you click the button to open another relay browser window, from the first mafia instance (without opening a second instance of mafia)? Maybe try that multiple times to see if anything different happens, since it takes a second load in the second instance to get good results.

Do you have game.ash as a script anywhere (probably in your /relay folder)?

Sorry, I totally forgot to tell you about that. Not only does that not work (I opened about 15 tabs at the same time and still got the same thing) but if I open a second instance of mafia, but close the first one without opening the browser in the second one when I get back to the second one it's like it's the first one again and I have to open another to get the browser to work again.

So I did some screwing around this morning out of frustration and found something new that seems odd. Opening a second mafia and then a second browser "fixes" my issue right? Well I did that this morning but forgot to open the first browser in the first mafia so the second mafia browser got the useless browser with the line in it. I went back to the first mafia and opened up the browser and it was fine after opening the bad one in the second one. I closed out the second mafia and am now using the first instance with no issues. So yay for more info, but boo for still not fixed.

Bale

Minion
This data point only confirms lostcalpolydude's guess. The one which is opened with port 60081 works. The one which you open with port 60080 fails. You've got a router/firewall issue.

Ok, here's my issue with your fix... I have no idea what a firewall is or where to start as far as fixing that. However Ninicorn knows much more than I do and might be able to easily remedy this next time he comes over. I'll keep you guys posted :)

xKiv

This data point only confirms lostcalpolydude's guess. The one which is opened with port 60081 works. The one which you open with port 60080 fails. You've got a router/firewall issue.

Or something else is already listening on that port.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Or something else is already listening on that port.

It looks like mafia figures out which port to use by trying ports starting at 60080 until it finds one not already in use, that's how a second instance ends up using 60081 when there's already one instance open. If I'm reading webui/RelayServer correctly, anyway.

Theraze

Yes, it's fixable. No, there doesn't appear to be anything anyone not-you or at least not-at-your-computer can do to fix it, since your computer or network appears to be blocking port 60080.

Bale

Minion
I have no idea what a firewall is or where to start as far as fixing that. However Ninicorn knows much more than I do and might be able to easily remedy this next time he comes over. I'll keep you guys posted :)

Hopefully Ninicorn will know how to unblock port 60080. I look forward to good news.

xKiv

It looks like mafia figures out which port to use by trying ports starting at 60080 until it finds one not already in use, that's how a second instance ends up using 60081 when there's already one instance open. If I'm reading webui/RelayServer correctly, anyway.

With relayAllowRemoteAccess not enabled, mafia binds specifically as listening only on 127.0.0.1, which might not conflict with something listening on everything.
I mean, if the port was blocked (by a firewall), the browser would not reach anything that could return "white screen with thin black line in the middle".
It's hypothetically possible that a proxy could be in the way, but most everything is configured to bypass any proxies for 127.0.0.1.

So, first I would check what "connecting to mafia relay" (127.0.0.1:60080) does with mafia NOT running.
ETA: and also what it does when connecting to 60081 with mafia not running, for comparison.

Last edited by a moderator: