Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: extraction.ash - Automated Gene Extraction

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    377

    Default

    I'm having problems getting this to work. I did the updates, and set the preferences, and for awhile yesterday, I saw SS use the extractor, but I only got 1 demon tonic all day (day 2 normal rains). today I ran into fish and nothing. is there something that i'm not getting? thanks.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Well, if you ran into a freshwater bonefish or a piranhadon, Mafia doesn't yet know that their phylum is fish. I'll add these to the appropriate thread.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Then don't forget the alley catfish either. New batbrain yesterday overwrote should_extract, which I replaced, but if there was anything else, my diff-fu couldn't find it.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    388

    Default

    That's the only change made to batbrain. It's SmartStasis that has the code that actually does the thing. Shit. There's also another thing that I changed for myself (since I didn't think anyone was actually using it). It'll only trigger a problem rarely, but make sure that you change "_dnaSyrine" to "dnaSyringe" on line 141. I'll make the changes to my code up above.

    Those changes have now been made.
    Last edited by digitrev; 08-22-2014 at 05:50 PM.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    388

    Default

    I hate double posting, but I've updated this so that you should no longer actually need to edit SmartStasis or BatBrain in order to auto-extract DNA.

  6. #16

    Default

    I hate double posting
    Originally Posted by digitrev View Post
    Don't worry about it on this forum.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Two things. First, I don't know if you noticed, but the last two updates to batbrain have required adding should_extract.

    Second, I came up with this, that I think is working *for me* to do 2/3 day normal runs. I call it during login.
    Code:
    void dnastuff() {
    if (item_amount($item[dna extraction syringe]) > 0) {
      switch(my_daycount()) {
        case 1  : cli_execute("extract_hybrid wierd"); 
                  cli_execute("extract_gene bug, dude, humanoid"); 
                  break;
        case 2  : cli_execute("extract_hybrid fish");
                  cli_execute("extract_gene elemental, constellation, construct"); 
                  break;
        default : cli_execute("extract_hybrid pirate");
                 cli_execute("extract_gene penguin, orc, mer-kin"); 
                 break;
        }
      }
    }
    Last edited by Weatherboy; 09-03-2014 at 07:53 AM.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Yeah, sorry about that. I've rewritten it so that it doesn't need to go in SS or WHAM. I'll update the main post shortly.

    Edit: The main post has been updated.
    Last edited by digitrev; 09-03-2014 at 11:23 AM.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    377

    Default

    I think part of the problem sometimes is smart stasis doesn't want to use the syringe because it's afraid I'll get hit, which I probably will, but by the time I'm done delevelling with thunder bird, weaksauce, pocket crumbs, and generate 3 momentum, it doesn't matter anymore. That's not a criticism of this script or smart stasis, just an observation. There may be a setting I can change, I don't know.

    That said, I successfully hybridized and collected all 3 of my gene specimens for day 1 using my new function. So I'm happy happy.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    388

    Default

    I think part of the problem sometimes is smart stasis doesn't want to use the syringe because it's afraid I'll get hit, which I probably will, but by the time I'm done delevelling with thunder bird, weaksauce, pocket crumbs, and generate 3 momentum, it doesn't matter anymore. That's not a criticism of this script or smart stasis, just an observation. There may be a setting I can change, I don't know.
    Originally Posted by Weatherboy View Post
    That's certainly a possibility. It seems unlikely (since stagger resistance doesn't kick in until +151 ML). I suppose I could add a check in extractionCCS.ash, or an option to decide if you're okay with possibly getting hit while using the DNA syringe.

    That said, I successfully hybridized and collected all 3 of my gene specimens for day 1 using my new function. So I'm happy happy.
    Glad to hear that it worked for you. Definitely a good idea to drop it into your login/breakfast script.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2015, 07:13 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2015, 04:38 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2015, 08:40 AM
  4. Automated Gene Extraction
    By digitrev in forum Scripting Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2014, 12:57 PM
  5. Message Extraction
    By holatuwol in forum Scripting Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-08-2006, 04:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •