Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: extraction.ash - Automated Gene Extraction

I'm having problems getting this to work. I did the updates, and set the preferences, and for awhile yesterday, I saw SS use the extractor, but I only got 1 demon tonic all day (day 2 normal rains). today I ran into fish and nothing. is there something that i'm not getting? thanks.

Well, if you ran into a freshwater bonefish or a piranhadon, Mafia doesn't yet know that their phylum is fish. I'll add these to the appropriate thread.

Then don't forget the alley catfish either. New batbrain yesterday overwrote should_extract, which I replaced, but if there was anything else, my diff-fu couldn't find it.

That's the only change made to batbrain. It's SmartStasis that has the code that actually does the thing. Shit. There's also another thing that I changed for myself (since I didn't think anyone was actually using it). It'll only trigger a problem rarely, but make sure that you change "_dnaSyrine" to "dnaSyringe" on line 141. I'll make the changes to my code up above.

Those changes have now been made.
    Last edited by digitrev; 08-22-2014 at 05:50 PM.

I hate double posting, but I've updated this so that you should no longer actually need to edit SmartStasis or BatBrain in order to auto-extract DNA.

I hate double posting
    Originally Posted by digitrev View Post
    Don't worry about it on this forum.

Two things. First, I don't know if you noticed, but the last two updates to batbrain have required adding should_extract.

Second, I came up with this, that I think is working *for me* to do 2/3 day normal runs. I call it during login.
    Code:
    void dnastuff() {
    if (item_amount($item[dna extraction syringe]) > 0) {
      switch(my_daycount()) {
        case 1  : cli_execute("extract_hybrid wierd"); 
                  cli_execute("extract_gene bug, dude, humanoid"); 
                  break;
        case 2  : cli_execute("extract_hybrid fish");
                  cli_execute("extract_gene elemental, constellation, construct"); 
                  break;
        default : cli_execute("extract_hybrid pirate");
                 cli_execute("extract_gene penguin, orc, mer-kin"); 
                 break;
        }
      }
    }
    Last edited by Weatherboy; 09-03-2014 at 07:53 AM.

Yeah, sorry about that. I've rewritten it so that it doesn't need to go in SS or WHAM. I'll update the main post shortly.

Edit: The main post has been updated.
    Last edited by digitrev; 09-03-2014 at 11:23 AM.

I think part of the problem sometimes is smart stasis doesn't want to use the syringe because it's afraid I'll get hit, which I probably will, but by the time I'm done delevelling with thunder bird, weaksauce, pocket crumbs, and generate 3 momentum, it doesn't matter anymore. That's not a criticism of this script or smart stasis, just an observation. There may be a setting I can change, I don't know.

That said, I successfully hybridized and collected all 3 of my gene specimens for day 1 using my new function. So I'm happy happy.

I think part of the problem sometimes is smart stasis doesn't want to use the syringe because it's afraid I'll get hit, which I probably will, but by the time I'm done delevelling with thunder bird, weaksauce, pocket crumbs, and generate 3 momentum, it doesn't matter anymore. That's not a criticism of this script or smart stasis, just an observation. There may be a setting I can change, I don't know.
    Originally Posted by Weatherboy View Post
    That's certainly a possibility. It seems unlikely (since stagger resistance doesn't kick in until +151 ML). I suppose I could add a check in extractionCCS.ash, or an option to decide if you're okay with possibly getting hit while using the DNA syringe.

That said, I successfully hybridized and collected all 3 of my gene specimens for day 1 using my new function. So I'm happy happy.
    Glad to hear that it worked for you. Definitely a good idea to drop it into your login/breakfast script.