Automated bounty hunting

zekaonar

I'm going on vacation for 7 days and I hope to never waste an adventure during that time. Ideally I'd like to collect my bounties during these days but I'm having trouble figuring out a good way to automate them. Are there any good scripts of cli example commands that could run unattended? Ideally I'd like to use my banishes to speed things up. I could see it get automated with some good CCS and adventuring with conditions, but it's alot to setup from scratch. Someone must have done it already?

Theraze

For getting bountyies in an automated way and not taking the ones you can't get, the most recently updated bounty.ash file should work for that. Just run "call bounty *" 3 times in your script and it will try to get the bounties that you're actually able to get. Optionally you can "uneffect on the trail" if you have olfaction and want to not waste turns following the wrong monster.

Regarding the combat, normally SmartStasis would at least do the TO for you. Specifically look at post 1690, since there is still no official working SS bounty support. Which reminds me, I need to put that back into my copy of SS. :D I was hoping it or something that actually worked would end up in the next release of SS, but it didn't. Ah well.

If you want to banish instead of TO, just set the check to see if the monster is available in the area and you aren't fighting them. If so, and your banisher is still available, banish.

Theraze

Bale

Minion
I'm going on vacation for 7 days and I hope to never waste an adventure during that time... it's alot to setup from scratch. Someone must have done it already?

Harvest. It includes bounty hunting, combat and other stuff. Or so I hear, although I've never used it myself.

Theraze

Unless you know something that hasn't been posted, Harvest disabled its bounty hunting capabilities 2 months ago and hasn't reactivated them since. But hey, maybe it's in there and it's a stealth update...

Bale

Minion
As I said, I don't use it. I only know that the first post in that thread lists bounty hunting as a thing that Harvest does.

zekaonar, please ignore my earlier post. It turns out that Harvest doesn't live up to its claims.

zekaonar

I'm surprised no one has enhanced this. I tried running it, but it wasn't smart enough to put on the pirate fledges to get to the poop deck, and it couldn't buy or use a llama gong, then once I bought it and used it, it still stumbled somewhere and thought the bounty was already complete. It certainly assists you, but it's going to choke unattended. I may put some time into this.

Theraze

It does what I need it to, which is consistently get me my two useless (since I have the outfit, familiar, and skill) lucre per aftercore day. Actually a few hours before you posted this, I'd updated my local copy to do a can_adv prep, which will equip the fledges, but I was waiting to test it. Worked, so that's in the ABH thread now. As for the rest... *shrugs* You're always welcome to make new scripts.

Is there something that will allow me to just get like, a raver or the unemployed knob goblin bounty?
In the past I used visiturl, but that doesn't work now.

Bale

Minion
Code:
visiturl("bounty.php"); // Check current bounties
if(get_property("_untakenEasyBountyItem") == "crumpled pink slip") {
   cli_execute("bounty easy");
} else if(get_property("_untakenHardBountyItem") == "discarded pacifier")
   cli_execute("bounty hard");