New Content - Implemented Sneaky Pete HP Multiplier

Darzil

Developer
I've been wondering for a while why Mafia was expecting lower HP for me as Pete than I had. Finally started running numbers and after comparing notes it appears Pete gets 1.3 x (muscle + 3) base HP, rather than the 1.5 x a muscle class gets or the 1.0 other classes get.

r13902.

Added here in case there is something else going on, as I didn't take many datapoints.

Bale

Minion
Huh. I knew Pete was awesome, but I'm somewhat surprised he's awesome in that way also. It's hard to tell how sturdy he is when he's "Living Fast."

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I was training skills one at a time, and it's Shake It Off that gives the hidden +30% hp bonus. What?

edit: I tested with Rev Engine at first, had 12 (2+10) muscle, 3 base HP, and vole sign (+20 HP) for a total of 35 HP. That checked out. I then started training skills until I got to Riding Tall. Got another +1 muscle and +1 HP. Decided to head down rogue path, and the instant I grabbed Shake it off, my HP went up to 41.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
That is so damn weird. How could a big thing like that have been missing from the skill description!

Darzil

Developer
Interesting. I guess I can just turn the skill into type passive and stick 30% HP in modifiers.txt. I wonder if not being a heal type will break any other code, though.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Interesting. I guess I can just turn the skill into type passive and stick 30% HP in modifiers.txt. I wonder if not being a heal type will break any other code, though.

I would expect it to no longer be possible to use the skill if it's listed as a passive skill.

Eventually classskills.txt probably needs to use a comma-separated list of skill types (probably by name) instead of a single number to represent the whole combination of types for a skill. That will require a bit of refactoring though.

Darzil

Developer
I would expect it to no longer be possible to use the skill if it's listed as a passive skill.

Eventually classskills.txt probably needs to use a comma-separated list of skill types (probably by name) instead of a single number to represent the whole combination of types for a skill. That will require a bit of refactoring though.

Just found that out. Yes, can no longer use Shake as a restore when it's a passive. Ok, hacky solution it is.

Darzil

Developer
r13904 removes the modifiers change, adds Shake It Off to modifiers.txt, and specifically adds Shake It Off to SkillDatabase.isPassive(). Hopefully we haven't used !SkillDatabase.isPassive() for determining if things are castable somewhere. It works with modtrace, hp prediction and healing though, so looking good.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I just got a chat report from someone that this HP boost might no longer be a thing. It will be over a week before I ascend into another pete run to check it out.

Theraze

Current Hit Points: 150
Maximum Hit Points: 150

Current Mana Points: 94
Maximum Mana Points: 97

Muscle:
107 (base: 68)

(19/137)

Mysticality:
97 (base: 65)

(111/131)

Moxie:
240 (base: 122)

(109/245)
Does that help at all? Level 11 AoSP with the Shake It Off.

digitrev

Adding my own stats for a Level 7 AoSP without Shake It Off, but with Living Dangerously

Code:
HP - 55/55
MP - 67/67

Muscle - 47 (32)
Mysticality - 47 (31)
Moxie - 69 (48)

I'll be getting Shake it Off tomorrow, and I'll try to remember to post my stats before and after buying the skill.

Last edited:

digitrev

Living Dangerously, level 8, no Shake it off

Code:
HP - 58/58
MP - 64/69

Muscle - 51 (36)
Mysticality - 49 (35)
Moxie - 93 (53)

Living Dangerously, level 8, Shake it Off acquired

Code:
HP - 58/58
MP - 64/69

Muscle - 51 (36)
Mysticality - 49 (35)
Moxie - 93 (53)

No change noticed after I used Shake it Off.