Best PVP Gear - optimizes/balances for 8 mini-games

zekaonar

Updated 5/1/2014
* check to see if you can equip chefstaff
* proper html entity and tag character counting for verbosity

xKiv

Yea, TΤ◊lisman of Baiø‡ counts as 53 for laconic, but 19 for verbosity.

That sounds like a bug. Did you report it?
(iirc, last season CDM "fixed" something to make pvp count html entities as singles - but it looks like the fix didn't make it to all minis)

zekaonar

They also stick HTML tags in the names, I didn't notice some italic letters and was wondering how a simple character count loop was wrong until I spit out each character it was counting.

digitrev

Attached is my patch. It treats the Booze Drop minigame in the same way it does the Meat or Item drop minigames.

Attachments

• PVPBestGear.ash
    25.7 KB · Views: 61

ereinion

Is there any simple way of muting all output from this script, maybe just showing the gear changing? I'm calling it from a script, and something... weird seems to happen to the gcli after it's finished doing its thing...

Cool12309

Is there any simple way of muting all output from this script, maybe just showing the gear changing? I'm calling it from a script, and something... weird seems to happen to the gcli after it's finished doing its thing...

That seems to be from an HTML thing with it displaying the HTML of the info booth. Perhaps a tag isn't being closed or such. I noticed this too, but clearing the CLI works, although that's probably not ideal for a script.

ereinion

Yeah, that's what I do once the main script has finished running. I guess I put it into the script execution too as a stopgap.

Bale

Minion
Very probably the script is not doing anything wrong, but is suffering from this symptom, which is caused by a bug in certain Java versions that has been reported to Oracle here.

He doesn't say what "something... weird" is happening. I used the script and got a "something... weird" even though I am using java_7u55 so I wouldn't see the "something... weird" that you believe they are discussing.

The "something... weird" that I experience (with u55) is that after using the script, every so often, the CLI erases all CLI display after the end of the table and resumes normal logging. At some later interval of play it will happen again. It's... weird, but not unduly disruptive since all information is still in my session log. It's just a little troublesome if I want to scroll back to one of the erased adventures. Typing "cls" clears the CLI and prevents the problem from reoccuring as Cool12309 recommends. Obviously this is not the bug you link.

I cannot be sure if this is the same "something... weird" experienced by erenion or Cool12309. I don't even know if they are experiencing the same "something... weird" since neither of them actually describe their "weird" experience. One or both of them might be experiencing the bug you link. I long for one of them to have actually described the problem.

Last edited:

Cool12309

Yes, that's what I'm receiving. All text is pushed about two tab-lengths to the right, and occasionally text after the table clears and resumes logging.

Indeed, it appears the "something... weird" is a different kind of weird when using PVPBestGear as opposed to "normal" table weirdness that happen when using Mafia commands such as modref.

Darzil

Developer
It's suggesting (and trying to equip) two huge mirror shards as 4 is the highest number of R for me, and I can dual wield. Mafia knows I only have one. This is leaving my offhand empty (I put a 4 R offhand there instead).

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Yes, that's what I'm receiving. All text is pushed about two tab-lengths to the right, and occasionally text after the table clears and resumes logging.

I've never run this particular script. I have seen something that sounds like what is described above for several years, certainly before the 7u55 related issues running other scripts. I have never reported the anecdote because I cannot reproduce it and, more to the point, there is an easy workaround.

ereinion

Hmm, part of the weirdness is the indent a lot of other people seem to get too. But I also get the entire output of the script displayed at random (?) intervals too, that is both the table and the text printed before that.

Example from today's execution of the script:

1)
The script is called from my main adventuring script, and the "flowers" cli-command is then called:

2)
Then, in the middle of the execution the output from pvpbestgear appears again:

As you can see the text preceeding the table is included as well, in fact I can scroll back to see the results of the last combat before pvpbestgear was called, but the results of my pvp-fights have disappeared.

3)
After I have finished burning my pvp-fights, I run the maximizer from cli (by hand), maximizing for "mp, -tie, -current, switch hand", but before it is finished calculating, pvpbestgear's output is printed again. My maximize command still finishes though.

I dunno if this is the table multiplication bug in Java you linked to earlier, or something else, but it does seem very odd to me :)

I was using r14565 and Java 7u67 when running the script.

Bale

Minion
It is not the table multiplication bug. That one makes tables repeat rows and columns. It also only screws up the table.

xKiv

Are you sure it's the script's output being printed again, and not just everything after it disappearing?
There's a limit to how much content the GCLI's buffer can hold, and stuff will get thrown away when there's too much. But it should be stuff from *top* of the buffer, not bottom ... but then, maybe mixing print_html (and print?) and "native" mafia CLI output confuses java as to what's before what?