New Content - Implemented Wrong plural

elpasi

The plural of Giant Cactus Quill is Giant Cactus Quills. The wiki had it typoed as 'Giant Catus Quills', and it seems like that is what KoLMafia also uses incorrectly.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Or, perhaps KoL itself really did have the bogus plural for this item and both KoLmafia and the Wiki correctly recorded it.
Then, after somebody made a bug report and several years later KoL decided to fix its bug, now both KoLmafia and the Wiki are incorrect.

I am fairly certain that none of us here are dumb enough to simply copy things from the Wiki, which is known to be full of bad information, without checking on it.

I sure wish we had a category for "KoL change". I guess I will just change this to "New Content".

Thanks for the report.

elpasi

Apologies. It wasn't meant to be accusatory in any way. It was a piece of irrelevant information, instead, more of a "I just changed it on the wiki, but I don't have the power to alter plurals here, so..."

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Good thing anyone can edit so you can go fix it! :)
I got tired of having my edits undone by idiots, so I gave up on that years ago. Life is too short and my time is precious.

I update KoLmafia's data files, which will help me and other users of KoLmafia, and if somebody who cares wants to migrate info from KoLmafia to the Wiki for the benefit of others, they are welcome to do so - as you pointed out.