Repeated autoOlfact during automation

digitrev

So I've been farming lately (so that I can afford some new shinies), and I was wondering how to set autoOlfact to fire repeatedly while running more than 40 adventures at a time. Any solutions available, aside from using WHAM.ash with the BatMan_attract variable set appropriately?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I would probably add a section to my CCS to olfact that monster instead of using that setting. I believe mafia will skip that line if you currently have On the Trail.

Bale

Minion
I usually put it in my mood so that it will integrate properly with WHAM. If I run out of On the Trail, it executes the command "olfact monster monstername"

Theraze

Personally, I just have my between battle script set autoOlfact=goals anytime it isn't set. Which means that I don't need to think about what to olfact. Of course, it also means that my olfaction isn't very optimal... but, meh. :)

Winterbay

farm.ash sets the autoOlfact setting to the currently most worth monster meaning that WHAM picks it up correctly. But adding it to your CCS is probably the best option if you have a very specific monster and do not want to use WHAM :)

VladYvhuce

I usually put it in my mood so that it will integrate properly with WHAM. If I run out of On the Trail, it executes the command "olfact monster monstername"
I've been trying to do this ever since I started doing some farming for other people, but keep running into problems with monster names. Most notably, if I try farming mojo filters for one of my trading buddies, I can't get Mafia to olfact the swarm of scarab beatles. I tried working up a combat macro and ran into a similar wall. It seems that KOL itself doesn't want to recognize "swarm of scarab beatles" as a valid monster name... So, my combat macro had to be set to recognize "*beatles", which also doesn't work in Mafia. Will Monster IDs work, instead of "monstername"?

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
It sounds to me like you're confusing KoLnafua's auto-olfaction with KoL's combat macros. There is little relationship between them, besides the fact that CCS will pass a macro to KoL.

If you are actually trying to use Mafia's auto-olfaction ability, then you need to either use the simple combat action combat, or else if you want to use CCS, you need an action called "special action" which will cause it to do things like olfact.

VladYvhuce

No, that's not it. I've been using a KOL combat macro, because I can't get Mafia to olfact the monster I want.

My main problem is that Mafia keeps telling me that I've got an invalid monster name set for olfaction. That's why I asked about monster ID numbers. If I can use those for times when Mafia doesn't like monster names, then that would solve my problem. If that can't be done, then I need to know how what exactly to put as a monster name for the swarm of scarab beatles that Mafia wouldn't reject.

Bale

Minion
OH, I see your problem. You need to use "monster swarm of scarab beatles"

I bet you were forgetting the word monster. This was much easier to answer once you told me the problem instead of your various solutions.

VladYvhuce

Sorry. I'll try to be more coherent. What sometimes comes off as clear to me can confuse others, sometimes.

Update: Did indeed fix the problem. Yay for copy/paste.

Last edited: