Bug - Fixed Sneaky Pete's Popped Jacket

syrinxlui

I have a Sneaky Pete's leather jacket (collar popped) in my inventory in HCNP. Mafia keeps trying to equip it when I run the modifier maximizer:

Putting on Sneaky Pete's leather jacket (collar popped)...
That item may not be equipped while you are in Hardcore mode.
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Boris's helm and jarlsberg's pan had the same issue. The easy way to support it being equippable in HCSP was to assume people wouldn't have it in HC outside the current path.

If it does get changed, it probably won't be in time to be useful for you, so getting the jacket out of your inventory might be your best option.

syrinxlui

Yes, using 13883, same error. I was going to gift packet it to myself, but unfortunately the popped version is not tradable.

Winterbay

You could always alias your maximizer command like
Code:
alias maximize => maximize -equip Sneaky Pete's leather jacket (collar popped)
which should help as long as you only run the CLI-command. WOn't help with the GUI version of it...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Put it in the closet.
Put it in your display case.
Unpop it and then put it in the closet or display case or send a gift package to yourself.

You have many options.

syrinxlui

Put it in the closet.
Put it in your display case.
Unpop it and then put it in the closet or display case or send a gift package to yourself.

You have many options.

Three of these ideas don't work, but one does, so thanks! (You can't unpop it, you can't gift it since it's not trade-able as previously discussed, and the modifier maximizer pulls stuff from the closet.)

Darzil

Developer
r13893 should fix this issue. Maximizer should not suggest equipping the equipment items of the month outside the appropriate path. Fixed for Boris's Helm, Bear Arms, Jarlsberg's Pan, Folder Holder and Pete's Jacket.

I have tested that it doesn't stop maximizer working with Pete's jacket in Pete, but nothing else.

Hopefully will stop this error occurring for people who bought the equipment in run whilst on another path, or people who drop Boris, Zombie, Jarlsberg, High School or Sneaky Pete paths.

Last edited: