Bug Maximizer suggests the same familiar both for Bjorn and as active familiar

It might be a bit of an edge case, but if you have a familiar whose Bjorn/CoT ability falls in the same category as his main ability, e.g. the Leprechaun (increases meat drop, Bjorn/CoT: + 20 % Meat), or the Magic Dragonfish (increases spell damage, Bjorn/CoT: Spell Damage +15%), and that familiar is also the only (optimal ?) familiar with that Bjorn/CoT effect that you have, the maximizer suggests using the same familiar both in Bjorn and as your active familiar.

E.g., as far as +meat drop familiars go, I only have a Leprechaun, and so if I run the maximizer with "meat, switch Leprechaun", it suggests both
bjornify Leprechaun (+20) and
familiar Leprechaun (+135)

If I run the maximizer form the CLI or a script, it then actually proceeds first bjornifying the Leprechaun, and then immediately taking it out of Buddy Bjorn again and using it as my active familiar.

Might it be worth to have the maximizer exclude a familiar from Bjorn/CoT if already considers using that same familiar as the active familiar?

Edit: I probably should add that I'm running r13864.

Last edited:

digitrev

Since you're already manually selecting the Leprechaun, my suggest would be to switch your familiar to the leprechaun, and then run maximize meat. This will prevent the maximizer from doubling up on your familiar choices.

I'll do that anyway when manually adventuring, however I came across this issue while using a script which does its familiar switching via the maximizer. As a simple workaround, I've modified it to call the maximizer twice, which does the trick as well.
It's certainly not a high-priority bug, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.