CSS combat conditional scripting help

zekaonar

I'd like to write a DB CSS that reacts to whether an item has been pickpocketed, or adapts based off text seen in combat results and I was wondering if someone could point me at an example of this?

For example:

steal
if (pickpocket was not successful)
combo rave steal
else
combo rave concentration

And is there a way to count rave steals or detect if it is telling you they are exhausted for the day?

Would I have to use an .ash script for this, if so, could someone point me at a script that does combat in a similar way?

thanks

digitrev

There's a preference by the name of _raveStealCount that tells you how many rave steals you've done in the day. And I think you would need to use an .ash script for this, since you need to consult preferences. I think.

Darzil

Developer
rave steal is skipped if you have none left, and not submitted to KoL.
I use if match "deftly" for pickpocketing, but I guess it might get some false positives. Has seemed to work well enough, but never looked closely.

zekaonar

rave steal is skipped if you have none left, and not submitted to KoL.
I use if match "deftly" for pickpocketing, but I guess it might get some false positives. Has seemed to work well enough, but never looked closely.

Could you post your CSS or ash?

Darzil

Developer
This is old, back from when this character used to farm Goth Giants, and before Rave Steal limits, but it worked : (the two pickpockets were for the disco bandit kit that allows two attempts)

Code:
[ default ]
try to steal an item
if match "deftly"
    goto continue
endif
"pickpocket"
if match "deftly"
    goto continue
endif
combo Rave Steal
mark continue
if match "goth giant" && !haseffect on the trail
    skill transcendent olfaction
endif
combo Rave Nirvana
combo Rave Concentration
attack with weapon

zekaonar

This is old, back from when this character used to farm Goth Giants, and before Rave Steal limits, but it worked : (the two pickpockets were for the disco bandit kit that allows two attempts)

Code:
[ default ]
try to steal an item
if match "deftly"
    goto continue
endif
"pickpocket"
if match "deftly"
    goto continue
endif
combo Rave Steal
mark continue
if match "goth giant" && !haseffect on the trail
    skill transcendent olfaction
endif
combo Rave Nirvana
combo Rave Concentration
attack with weapon

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. Where is the if match syntax documented? I didn't see it mentioned on http://kolmafia.sourceforge.net/combat.html