Bug - Fixed questG04Nemesis marked finished without finishing Nemesis quest

Qualidus

It seems like the property questG04Nemesis is marked as finished if one of the class accessories is received. What seems to be missing is a check to if the item was received in combat. I had a kingLiberated script that pulled the relevant class item causing the property to get set to finished even though I hadn't even started the Nemesis quest.

This occurred on v13862 of KoLMafia.

In ResultProcessor.java around line 1601, a check should probably made to see if combatResults is true (similar to the pixel morning star). This check will likely have to be duplicated into the Belt Buckle of Lopez fallthrough.

Steps to reproduce:
> ash set_property("questG04Nemesis", "unstarted")

questG04Nemesis => unstarted
Returned: void

> ash get_property("questG04Nemesis");

Returned: unstarted

> pull 1 garter of the turtle poacher

Pulling items from storage...
Requests complete.

> ash get_property("questG04Nemesis");

Returned: finished

Theraze

Wouldn't this be required for anyone who plays outside of mafia, and as such it isn't a bug?

Bale

Minion
He answers your question:

What seems to be missing is a check to if the item was received in combat. I had a kingLiberated script that pulled the relevant class item causing the property to get set to finished even though I hadn't even started the Nemesis quest.

This is a bug.

Theraze

So would the check be simply if the item is received in combat, leaving the quest unfinished if you complete the quest outside mafia?

Would that be solved by questlog parsing?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Almost nothing is tracked about the nemesis quest's status. I only realized that when Ezandora's Guide script was released, but I haven't been very motivated to try fixing that since I never do the nemesis quest. This is fixed in 13684, but I'm surprised it's the thing that got reported.

Qualidus

Thanks for the quick response! I reported this one as it's definitely a bug instead of something that doesn't work as I'd expect (but could be intended to work that way). I noticed it when I was jumping into the gash and my expected instant karma count was off what I expected even though Guide and the custom task list were telling me the Nemesis quest was done.

Also, there's already a post for incomplete tracking of Nemesis quests via questG04Nemesis here:http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?14370-property-quot-questG04Nemesis-quot-not-updated so reporting the lack of tracking/quest log syncing would be a dupe of that.