New Content - Implemented Pool skill is now an official modifier

Erich

Chalky Hand, Swimming with Sharks, and the Pool Cue have a "+3 Pool Skill" in the blue text. Staff of Fats has a "+5 Pool Skill" to it. I don't know when this rolled, or if the pool cue needs to be equipped, or if other pool skill effects are out there.

Bale

Minion
Pool Cue needs to be equipped. Staff of Fats does not.

Also, each time you get a certain semi-rare increases pool skill, as does level of drunkeness. Though we'd have to guess exactly what the value of the effect might be although we know that optimal drunkeness is 11. We also do not know the limit as to how many times you can benefit from the semi-rare.

With all those unknowns I doubt the usefulness of supporting "Pool Skill" unless next month's IotM gives us a worthwhile and quantifiable reason. (Which is entirely possible.) At least I finally know for a fact that none of the shark jumper, lucky bottlecap nor lucky rabbit's foot will help at pool, despite rumors to the positive.

xKiv

Also, each time you get a certain semi-rare increases pool skill, as does level of drunkeness. Though we'd have to guess exactly what the value of the effect might be although we know that optimal drunkeness is 11. We also do not know the limit as to how many times you can benefit from the semi-rare.

With all those unknowns I doubt the usefulness of supporting "Pool Skill" unless next month's IotM gives us a worthwhile and quantifiable reason. (Which is entirely possible.) At least I finally know for a fact that none of the shark jumper, lucky bottlecap nor lucky rabbit's foot will help at pool, despite rumors to the positive.

Of course, it's also entirely possible that all of the above changed/is changing/will change soon ...

Terion

It's probably been addressed, but I wanted to make a note in this thread that the Staff of Fats was changed to a weapon on May 16 (well after Bale's post), and now does need to be equipped.